Servicingstop Rip Off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a feeling that whem garages offer 'long life' oil to customers who do less than 9-10k annually, there's a misperception that the car could be serviced less frequently, which isnt the case (unless the owner cuts corners and skips services).

I think they just offer it so they can charge more as customers will think it must be better. In VAGs case, it's widely said they use the same oil regardless. On our car they did indeed use 5W30 VW504 - but there are owners who say the 1 litre engine doesn't run well on 5W30. Some Ford engines are sensitive to oil grade and must use 0W20.

MBs have always been very tolerant of oil type and grade but I don't know if that persists on more recent engines.

They have offered a £57.54 refund which is half of the brake service following a complaint from family member.

servicing stop use independent garages, the independent garage has a price list for service stop recommended customers, so if she went direct it would have probably been cheaper. The garage in question probably would have charged for the same items so that part wouldn't have changed.

still a rip off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom