Setting Clock With Comand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benzowner

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.6Diesel
I have an NTG2 Comand and went to reset the clock today. Noticed the Comand time was 14:30 and dash clock time was 12:30. Anyway, adjusted the Comand time and it wont change the dash time. I think I may have a problem, anyone help?

To be honest, I'm shocked that this forum isn't littered with 'clock set' queries! My ancient W203 was the devils own job, with me circling round in loops trying to get the clock set menu! My even more ancient GT4 has a much more civilised standalone clock with some dedicated buttons, takes seconds to adjust!

On some cars where Comand has been retrofitted the time is still set in the instrument cluster. Cars with factory comand or where its been properly retrofitted dont have the option to set time in the cluster as its taken automatically from Comand.

Comand was fitted from new and I have had no problems with previous time changes. It did seem strange at the time when trying to set the time that the Comand and dash had two different times, exactly 2 hours apart. I'll have another go with cluster buttons, maybe a problem there or wait till next March :D

Is this the glitch mentioned in another thread whereby COMAND is confused about the GPS derived date and time. Quite a few posters have commented on the clock moving 2hrs?

Is this the glitch mentioned in another thread whereby COMAND is confused about the GPS derived date and time. Quite a few posters have commented on the clock moving 2hrs?

Missed that one, any chance of a link, or how to search for it, tried a few words with no results.

But maybe explains the two hours and anomalous behaviour this year?

Mine is still reading same date but year 1976 and cannot change the time on dashboard. Anyone know would pulling the fuse sort this or is it just a wait and see?

Mine is still reading same date but year 1976 and cannot change the time on dashboard. Anyone know would pulling the fuse sort this or is it just a wait and see?
Now, 1976 wasn't a bad year - I'd keep it and just buy a pair of flared trousers...:)

So does it mean that if I fit an aftermarket stereo I won't be able to change the time ??

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Take the positive lead off the battery at midnight, then reconnect it. The clock should reset at 12.00 IIRC.
I have no clue if this will fix the date.

Or

Ignition on..

Left top steering wheel button..scroll page button to settings menu.

Press arrow button on the steering wheel "up"

3 choices are now there.

Go to "time/date" and press the arrow up again..

You should have the time in view and by pressing the arrow to get to the hour setting and then press the + to add ...or - to subtract time showing..

The arrow will let you go through the date and time functions also..

Problem is, flare needs to be around the waist, but yes 76 was a good year, a bit warm from memory :D :D
I remember my ice cream melted :-/

So does it mean that if I fit an aftermarket stereo I won't be able to change the time ??

I removed the Comand and fitted a Chinese after market. The only way for me to set the time after that was with Star, or pull the fuse and replace at midnight.
I've got Star now but £600 is a bit much just to set the clock, unless I can use it to time travel back to 73, 74 and 75 just to say Red Rum will win and put my money where my mouth is.

Now even worse, I can only set minutes in 30minute increments, a lot of good that is, maybe the unit is on the way out although everything else works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom