Setting the date

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cheffy

Car
W211 280 CDi Avantgarde
I've just got me a vey nice W210 E240, its 2002 car, I've managed to reset the time, but the date is greyed out and I have spent a good couple of hours thumbing through the manuals !
The date is currently 3 Jan 2002, it is changing as it was 29/12/2001 when I bought the car !
I've searched various forums/google and youtube, but I just cant seem to reset the date ?
This appears to be quite common, but I've yet to find the cure, can anyone help ?

This is a ‘feature’ caused by some change to the gps system from which the car derives the date. Why no manual override? I know not. My 2006 GL was always at the wrong date.

Generally on this era of Mercedes with COMAND the time/date is controlled in the dash cluster, not the COMAND unit itself.

I had a s class and though menus I could get it almost right , then I was told by mercedes that at some point when I pick up the right satellite signal it can be set.
can’t remember if I ever did , I know I updated the nav disc but also can’t remember if it cured it.
sorry , it was a bit frustrating I do remember that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom