Settings contacts up in address book?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

emma9403

Any one know how to do this? You can see in my pic my head unit. I have a I phone 4s and they don't send business cards etc. any ideas?

Then you can't I am not sure if you can buy from M-B to get it to do it but as they are it is not possible it will store numbers dialled and numbers received but no names only numbers. If that makes sense

The guy that had the car before me had a few contacts saved in already and I deleted them out. I don't know how he would have done it?

emma9403 said:
The guy that had the car before me had a few contacts saved in already and I deleted them out. I don't know how he would have done it?

Perhaps it can take a address book from an android phone, but now I am guessing. When I picked mine up from M-B the salesman said it could not store an address book from a iPhone the only contact stored was Mercedes help number.
Perhaps someone will be able to be more help. If not just enquire at your local merc dealership. They will know if it is possible to adapt it.

You need to use a phone that can send vCard information over Bluetooth, which an iPhone can't. Virtually any cheapy Nokia will work. The only PITA is that if you have lots of contacts to transfer you will need to port them from your iPhone to the Nokia which isn't the most straightforward task.

Brilliant thank you will give that a go :)

Bit long winded , but if you dial a number , then it creates a contact in the Mercedes memory, then I'm sure you can store and save and edit that number via your head unit . Hope it helps

Bit long winded , but if you dial a number , then it creates a contact in the Mercedes memory, then I'm sure you can store and save and edit that number via your head unit . Hope it helps
Thank you but tried that, don't give me the option to save the number :-(

Aha! That explains

My W204 is a 59 reg - I had a couple of old contacts from my android days - the ex wife mobile and work numbers.

Obviously I deleted them, but can't get anything to load from my new iPhone. Now I know why.

PS in my W163 ML I fitted a cheap (£50) JVC stereo with bluetooth - the iPhone integrates perfectly - contact list and last dialled / recieved / missed.

Shame MB can't do what JVC can on £50! Grrrrrrrrrrr !

Aha! That explains My W204 is a 59 reg - I had a couple of old contacts from my android days - the ex wife mobile and work numbers. Obviously I deleted them, but can't get anything to load from my new iPhone. Now I know why. PS in my W163 ML I fitted a cheap (£50) JVC stereo with bluetooth - the iPhone integrates perfectly - contact list and last dialled / recieved / missed. Shame MB can't do what JVC can on £50! Grrrrrrrrrrr !
So might be worth while me buying a cheap phone and giving it ago?!?! Or if not a new head unit?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom