Setup BT router in talktalk ISP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dragon

Banned
Who has done it successfully? How do you do it?

If not why not?

I'd start by navigating menus and setting all the options appropriately :D

Worked when I helped a friend move from BT to Talk Talk (with his D link router) - aside from asking him for username/password it was all quite simple.

I'd start by navigating menus and setting all the options appropriately :D

Worked when I helped a friend move from BT to Talk Talk (with his D link router) - aside from asking him for username/password it was all quite simple.

Using BT router in talktalk not D-link router or any other routers. I tried Zoom router it works but funny it will not work with a BT router. They put a stop from getting into internet maybe a btinternet email account is needed before the router allows access to the internet.

You should be able to hack the router to work with talk talk - have you got a friend who knows a bit about computers ask them for some help.

You should be able to hack the router to work with talk talk - have you got a friend who knows a bit about computers ask them for some help.

LOL I'm sorry but Dragon is supposedly an It expert. - Im not taking the mickey, its him that constantly tells us. :crazy:

We just hooked up our TalkTalk account with Netgear. Had a problem at first as the good lady set up wrong password which the router went beserk at. TalkTalk tech support reset - am now online with it. Apple (mine) saw network straight away. PC (wife's) obviously fell over straight away..cack PCs :D

We just hooked up our TalkTalk account with Netgear. Had a problem at first as the good lady set up wrong password which the router went beserk at. TalkTalk tech support reset - am now online with it. Apple (mine) saw network straight away. PC (wife's) obviously fell over straight away..cack PCs :D

You get what you paid for.

Using a BT router in talktalk ISP is the problem. I don't have any problem with any other routers. It a grey area because people use BT router with BT but no one has used BT router with talktalk or tiscali or sky or virgin media.

I tried to retrieve my btinternet email address which has been suspended because I last used it in 2000. Is calling the helpdesk the only option instead of retrieving via Internet?

LOL I'm sorry but Dragon is supposedly an It expert. - Im not taking the mickey, its him that constantly tells us. :crazy:

yes I am but this is to increase my knowledge base. No harm to ask unless your comment.

Last edited:
If the BT Voyager was supplied as part of a BT Broadband package, as opposed to a retail version, it may be *locked* to BT's service. They do this by requiring BT account settings, so that it cannot be used with a different ISP.

Like I said you need to hack/unlock it - what model number is it?

Try googling for "BT <model number> hack" or ""BT <model number> unlock" and you should find the answer.

Like I said you need to hack/unlock it - what model number is it?

Try googling for "BT <model number> hack" or ""BT <model number> unlock" and you should find the answer.

BTHomeHub. How do I know it a package or retail version?

I am not supposed to hack it because it belongs to BT, my boss will skin me. Now I know it locked no point trying to connect to internet with it. In order to use it, then I have to subscribe to BT. This is the first time I am aware this ISP locked their routers similar to mobile phones.

If there is another way to hack it say login without registering I will go ahead with it else I will do no further. This made me an expert in this area.

Last edited:
There are hacks available on the internet to unlock the HomeHub. Whether they work or not it is impossible to confirm!

David

All depends on the version - check the unit/UI to see.

Then read this lengthy thread.

Best solution seems to be to use the home hub as a router attached to a different modem.

All depends on the version - check the unit/UI to see.

Then read this lengthy thread.

Best solution seems to be to use the home hub as a router attached to a different modem.

Yes, I did as I said it belongs to BT, I can't damage it. I have used other routers like Netgear, Zoom and talktalk, they don't have security and can be used in any ISPs but not BT routers. There are 4 millions out there and even read about moochers and leechs of hub phones to be aware of.

Thanks Stevesey.

It came back with authetication failure on internet connection. However Microsoft managed to tunnel thru the router with Vista update!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom