Severe Weather Warning ..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Just came through at work , see :- http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html?4

Warning covers the whole of the UK , from 2100 Saturday to 0300 Monday , be careful everyone , don't park those cars too near any trees..

' The Met Office is expecting a vigorous depression to bring more very wet and windy weather to the UK this weekend. Southerly winds will increase Saturday evening to give gusts of 70 to 80 mph on coasts and hills of Wales, with 60-70 mph for parts of southwest England, southwest Scotland and County Down in Northern Ireland. This belt of very strong winds will continue to spread east across the rest of England and Wales Saturday night giving gusts of 60mph inland and up to 70mph on southern coasts and hills. Although winds will ease down for a time Sunday morning, later in the day another swathe of severe gales will spread across central parts of the UK. Westerly winds will gust to 60-70mph, but up to 80 mph over exposed coasts and hills of Northern Ireland, southern Scotland and northern England. The severe gales this weekend will bring a risk of disruption to electricity supplies and transport, as well as some structural damage. '

Just thought i would give everyone a heads up .....

Winter must be coming Howard.:rolleyes: :D

Cheers mate, hope the tide on the lock is OK during this storm mate!:eek:

Our tail (downstream level) is approximately 4 feet above normal , we won't need to worry until its 12 feet above normal ..... :eek:

Hopefully .... :rolleyes:

Ohhh. This sounds like it's going to be fun. Never seen the whole map red before.

Thanks mate, my return flight to the UK may be affected. :-( I wan't to come home.

Dieselman said:
Ohhh. This sounds like it's going to be fun. Never seen the whole map red before.

Bet nothing happens now ........ ;)

Its a horrible night here in glasgow , wind was really driving the heavy rain making conditions bad.

Rain is heavy enough for flash floods etc. Road drains were struggling to cope. Wind picks up and disappears again.

No :rolleyes:

Yup sitting here watching the sun shine at the moment!

Warning doesn't come into effect until 9.00 pm tonight Bill ;)

Don't suppose the sun will be shining then! :D

Howard said:
Warning doesn't come into effect until 9.00 pm tonight Bill ;)
I was just about to say its nice and calm here in staffordshire but I will wait now till later ;)

Well - the night came and went... Light drizzle here in the south west....

And I got the sandbags out as well last night!

i cant wait to see the floods on TV news with pictures of fire fighters sucking up the water and using a hose to fire it over the fence into the field next door! always makes me chuckle that does.

they would be better off drinking tea.....oh wait, thats my job!

Rain and strong wind all night here, lifted the fitted cover off my SL at the front :(

Getting blustery here now as well :( is dry and bright otherwise - but I don't like strong winds - it's so unpredicatble in what it's going to do:(

We had some strong winds and rain overnight, but now we are back to beautiful sunshine with the birds thinking they are ducks!!
bath.jpg

Regards,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom