Shall I let the dealer Starguard my new GLC?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RehanGLC

Car
GLC 250d AMG Line Prem Plus
Hi all

Shall I let my dealer Starguard my new GLC when I take delivery of it in Sept or shall I get a private company to protect it? My dealer is Mercedes Benz World in Brooklands.

Thx all

Starguard is not worth it.
They just clean the car and slap on some kind if what they call sealant.
Might actually instill more swirl marks when they clean the car.

Better to find a reputable detailer and have a 'New car protection' Detail done.

I had my 203 treated with StarGuard, FOC by my dealer. Quite impressed with the gloss durability ... but I wouldn't pay for it

It's well known as a way to put loads of dosh in the salesmans pocket compared to the true cost - so if you want to spend that money, take it from the showroom to a pro detailer and get it done there!!

Sounds crazy but i would have it professional detailed from the minute it is in your hands.

Surprising how much contaminated paint you find on your car straight from new. So a good clay bar followed by a quality polish will give your car a great start and help it look new.
I have done this on one of my new cars and it just looks so much fresher and sharper.
Also it helps keeps the rain from sitting on the car.

Just bought a CLS from a guy who owns his own detailing business and he now gets customers cars delivered to him before they go to the dealers for PDI so that he can clean, prepare and seal them before the dealer touches them and puts swirls into the surface from their first de-wax.

Had my c63 done with it and had no problems...it was done for free by Mercedes though.....my car has been professionally detailed twice since then and the paintwork is in v.g.c according to them

buy a kit from fleabay £20 and do it yourself,

No. I'd get it detailed by a pro. I use Divine Detail based in Croydon.

If you like wasting money. Yes.

If you want a proper job get a detailed to ceramic coat it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom