Shall I treat my shiny Merc to a new plate for Xmas?

Treat my Merc to a new plate

• Do it!

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • Nah - Buy something nice with the dough

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JethroUK

Car
C220
My initials are CJK
Found this plate for £399
Screenshot_2014-10-18-07-33-40~2.jpg

Seems like a good price
Shall I treat my shiny Merc for Xmas?

Last edited:
I had a personal reg on my last car (K11 REG) but found it to be a mistake as when it came to sell the car it was too much hassle to put the reg on retention. I just left it on the car as it sold quicker than expected.
As I only keep my cars for around 18 months it's not worth it for me.
If you keep your car for years and years then yes it is worth it IMO.

Go for it, I have had same personal plate on all my cars since 2000

Although now the DVLA have closed all the regional offices it is a more time consuming process to swap it over when changing cars as it all has to be done via the post with Swansea

Personally I'd go for B13 CJK or S19 CJK and make the B look like and 8 or the S look like a 5

813 CJK
519 CJK

Just what I'd do.

cjk 236 avail with regtransfers this from the 30s and would hold value not knowing the asking price

another yes as mickday pointed out its a little harder now to swop plates but still worth the effort in my eyes, I also have my initials on my car with the added advantage of being dateless

I say go for it if you like it.
I got a ageless plate from ebay 6 or 7 years ago, 3 numbers & 3 letters, its been on my car since.
I checked as to how much the plate was worth as I am just starting to save for the next car & was working out if it was worth keeping the plate or buying another for my next car, I have had the current car nearly ten years,
I got a surprise that the plate has gone up in value, by 4 times what I paid, and I am sorting the paperwork to put it on retention at some point so I can put the plate on my next merc just incase I either sell the current car first or part ex depending on the deal and where I find the car I am looking for.

Go for it , but don't doctor the plate at all.

Fiddled with plates just look silly.

I bought mine back in 73 ***PP on a MB. It has been on my main car ever since. In those days you had to buy the car as well. No retentions in those days

PP9 used to be on an old mk1 golf cabriolet in my area :cool:

I'd only buy it if the Y6 meant something as well.

There is a perfect prefix plate for a GT-R which I would want if* I ever buy one as the letters and numbers mean something too.

Probably OCD but I don't get it if the whole plate doesn't mean something.

* unlikely

Its not what we think, but what you want and will enjoy...;)

Personally I'd go for B13 CJK or S19 CJK and make the B look like and 8 or the S look like a 5

813 CJK
519 CJK

Just what I'd do.

I couldnt see those numbers available but i expect they will be more than £400?

I Bought Y8 CJK so Im happy with that now :bannana:

They are so not my thing, our CEO has single digit plus his initials (I think he's got 1, 2, 3 and 5) and they cost more than the cars they're on, personally I'd have bought a house. Or 10 up north.

399 quid, that'll buy a nice tablet, watch, weekend away, cheap laptop, or make a real difference to a local charity, it's your money and your choice but I'm not one for the vanity plates at all.

They are so not my thing, our CEO has single digit plus his initials (I think he's got 1, 2, 3 and 5) and they cost more than the cars they're on, personally I'd have bought a house. Or 10 up north.

399 quid, that'll buy a nice tablet, watch, weekend away, cheap laptop, or make a real difference to a local charity, it's your money and your choice but I'm not one for the vanity plates at all.

I'm not a huge fan of them, but mine has saved me a packet over the years...and is still worth it's original value, or more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom