share incentive plan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigstuff

my employers have sent me a share save plan now they are one of the top builders of homes in the uk & us & to make things look better they bank with HBOS ..is it just me or are they mad or am i just thick & dont know a good thing when i see it?????

When I worked at Bradford and Bingley a few years ago the staff were invited to use the "share save" scheme and a lot took part. I had a look at the figures and sometimes it actually looked cheaper to buy shares as a private individual! I'd check the numbers if I were you :)

Let me guess the share price is somewhat overvalued as well.

Eggs, basket..not.

When I worked at Bradford and Bingley a few years ago the staff were invited to use the "share save" scheme and a lot took part.

So it's your fault they've crashed, you didn't give them your money..

So it's your fault they've crashed, you didn't give them your money..
I was a contractor there back in 2003, I wasn't staff so wasn't entitled to use the scheme. That said they were soaked on the contract rates ;) .

It doesn't surprise me that they had difficulties though, they had a history of making poor decisions. They joined up with an American company called AllTel who dealt with telecoms and mortgages. After about 3 years of planning and £10m spent they decided to give up on the merge and go their separate ways. Then there was Charcol, Black Horse Agencies and numerous other wastes of time and money. No-one I worked with there had an account or mortgage with them dispite the generous staff discounts.

When I worked at Bradford and Bingley a few years ago the staff were invited to use the "share save" scheme and a lot took part. I had a look at the figures and sometimes it actually looked cheaper to buy shares as a private individual! I'd check the numbers if I were you :)
i dont exspect to have a job to pay for the shares the yanks have stuffed us bigtime

Normally with share save schemes employees get a discount on the option price, maybe 20%. So if the price is rock bottom now and you go for a 5 year option you may make money. At the very least with these schemes you can choose not to excercise the option and simple take your money out with interest after the 5 years. Read the T&Cs carefully, but these schemes can be risk free.

When i worked for a Major Oil Company we had a share scheme. You saved the money in a Building Society, paying in every month direct from your salary. After a set time, five years in my case, you were able to either purchase the reserved shares at the original market value or transfer your savings with interest to your own account if the value had fallen or you had simply changed your mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom