Share tip for you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Purchased shares in uk oil and gas this morning sub 2p
Sold shares in uk oil and gas this morning at approx 4.5p.

Purchased a significant holding in gkp last week at approx 35p.

Purchased shares in uk oil and gas this morning sub 2p
Sold shares in uk oil and gas this morning at approx 4.5p.

Purchased a significant holding in gkp last week at approx 35p.

Is that good or bad with the takeover announced? I admit to not understanding these things beyond what happened on Trading Places with frozen orange juice.:eek:

Is that good or bad with the takeover announced?

Who knows when a significant % of the movement in volatile prices is down people betting on the market horse race and second guesing one another on the odds movements - the actual outcome in terms of the operation of the underlying business is largely irrelevant,

Afren RIP, took an awful lot of punters money down with her.

From 150p to administration in under a year. Wow.

Afren Afren PLC Corporate update

The board believes that all the possible routes have now been explored during the course of this process, which was subject to a strict timetable, driven by Afren Plc's short-term liquidity issues. These discussions have failed to deliver support for a revised refinancing and restructuring proposal that would result in Afren Plc being able to pay its debts as they fall due. As a result, the Board has taken steps to put Afren Plc into administration and appoint Simon Appell, Daniel Imison and Catherine Williamson of AlixPartners as administrators. The relevant documentation will be filed at Court during the course of the day.

Yeh, I was lucky to get out before the bloodbath.
Tried to catch the dead cat bounce at IERE, and failed in a spectacular fashion :doh:

A brave man would have bought banking stock on 24th June ;)

My many years experience working in the "city" (before I retired) was that by the time a member of the public got to invest the value had often already been exercised. The amount of due diligence and research needed is quite staggering and even then could get it wrong.

Often when a person talks up a share he's trying to bolster confidence and get others to buy.

Let's all talk about the horrors we've invested in....because if you say all you've ever done is 'win" im afraid I don't believe you. :D

The adage 'Buy when others are fearful' very much sprang to mind watching prices tumble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom