Shaving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisEdu

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320CDi Estate - gone E320CDi Saloon - written off CLS 350CDi Coupé
Having recently made the move to double edged razor blades, I'm only sorry that I didn't make the switch from Gillette, et al. sooner.

Not only are the blades ridiculously cheap in comparison, but there's something more satisfying about the process of using them.

Are there any others out there that have made the switch?

Used to use DE razor when living in London during the 90's and switch back in 2014 for quick shaves. For slow shaves, I prefer a straight razor. It's important to buy a nice DE as there are lots of junk out there. I use a Parker 69R which is super smooth. I still have a Mach 3 for traveling because apparently the TSA has a problem with people carrying DE blades in their carry on.

Currently using Aldi 5 blades in a cassette head. Because they are cheap and durable and my face is tough as old boots anyway. Used to be a Gillette Mach 3 Turbo boy but no more, way too expensive.

I electric shave most days , using my Braun Flex Integral which has served me well for 30+ years .

If going out or want a particularly good shave thenI wet shave , mostly using disposable twin blade things , although I do have a couple of Gillette handles I seldom bother to buy the more expensive blades for them .

I wet shave weekly or for a special event, such as a special meal with thee missus. Normally after a shower when warmed up, makes the hairs easier to cut. Whilst I've had stubble for the past thirty years, I never had the patience for a beard as getting there just looks too scruffy on me. My razor use is the same as trapperjohn. The whole thing is a tedious chore though and I get it over as fast as possible without cutting myself! This thread is making me reconsider getting a decent electric shaver...

Recently did the same after 40+ years of electric shaving. Purchased a Merkur razor and use Japanese Feather blades, a bit more expensive but sharper than anything else I have tried. Closest to a professional cut throat shave I have had.

Who can remember when, if you bought a £1 worth of Petrol (1960s 4 galls) BP stations would give you a free gift of a BIC razor? Oh! for the days of the Green Shield Stamps. Well, I started using them then, and I still use them now, £1 for ten these days, still get a few uses out of each, then bin em.much better I think, than all the fancy double, triple, even five bladed, nonsense of today. As for Electric Shavers, No!!! you can't beat soap and water for a good clean shave, Man Up!!!...

I wet shave weekly or for a special event, such as a special meal with thee missus. Normally after a shower when warmed up, makes the hairs easier to cut. Whilst I've had stubble for the past thirty years, I never had the patience for a beard as getting there just looks too scruffy on me. My razor use is the same as trapperjohn. The whole thing is a tedious chore though and I get it over as fast as possible without cutting myself! This thread is making me reconsider getting a decent electric shaver...

I tend to only shave once-a-week, too. For me, last thing at night is often my favoured time, as it gives a chance for any cuts to stop bleeding over night.

Made the switch some years ago, I have a bitza DE for day-to-day (DE89 head with a Merkur handle), and a Feather AC straight for when I've got time to spare, as rushing with it tends to remove your face.

Edwin Jagger DE27 and a Merkur Futur with Astra Platinum blades. The Merkur is huge but adjustable for blade exposure, if I had to choose just one it would be the Edwin Jagger. It just works.

I used a Wilkinson Sword blade today and was very impressed - I cut so smoothly that I didn't notice it moving over my face at all (which might explain the blood!) :D

I have to say (well I don't, but I will) I have gone back to using a shaving brush and shaving soap. Maybe a placebo? but it does feel like this helps in getting a better shave. My current razor choice is one of these vibrating jobbies that has more blades than Edward Scissor hands. I am also working on crafting a Van-Dyke style beard which does require some precision topiary work. Shaving the neck and sides of my beautiful fizzog of all bristles, whilst allowing the actual beardy bit to grow to a point in the middle. I should add that the pointy bit is pointing downwards!!! Otherwise it would be more of a Unicorn look. Not good.

ChrisEdu; What's your favourite Indonesian TV program?[/QUOTE said:
C** Shaving :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom