Sheepskin Over Rugs for a Merc?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sportyreptile

Car
96 W210 E36 AMG
Can you get Sheepskin over rugs for a Merc? The reason I ask is I was lucky enough today to get a ride in a Bentley Turbo R, it really was something special and I realised I've been seriously out posed :eek:

Anyway, this amazing car had very deep pile sheepskin over rugs fitted. they looked great and felt real nice under foot, some top luxury there. It got me thinking that a set would look really good in the S class, does anyone know if you can get these?

(Being Welsh of course I could just chase a woolly back around the nearest mountain, but the scraggy ones around here wouldn't offer any comfort at all and would probably smell a bit....;) )

Yeah , the Bentley rugs are sexy aren't they !!

I thought about these after i had a ride in a Turbo R :eek: , they are proper expensive if i remember rightly, although there is not much shape to them (just a basic footwell shape, not cut around the pedals or anything) , a Bentley set would probably fit an S class nicely ....

i bet they are expensive, the ones in the Bentley today must have been a good inch and half thick.

it's certainly a thought about getting a Bentley set, they probably would fit ok. I'll look into that, thanks.

If I get a price and I haven't had a heart attack, I'll post it up here.

i'd love a set for my 300E-24, some nice burgandy ones to match the leather

Costco do some lovely sheepskin rugs. You'd probably get all the mats out of one rug.

Hmmm

Dont have overmats but I confess to having sheepskin seat covers!

when I bought the car I thought they were the naffest thing I'd ever seen so took 'em off PDQ - about halfway home in fact

but they are soooo comfy so put 'em back on naff or not!:mad:
Steve

My 1979 Aston Martin V8 had sheepskin over rugs from new, which I had to replace when the originals finally gave up the ghost after 20 years. The new set cost £400 and I have to say they doo add that final bit of luxury and don't look too bling at all, as long as they are in a nice natural colour or deep black, the latter of which I plan to get for my CL500. :cool:

This is where I purchased them. http://www.easirider.com/lambswool_overugs.htm

I found them after a session on Google, I've emailed them for a quote, I'll let you know what they come back with.

sportyreptile said:
Being Welsh of course I could just chase a woolly back around the nearest mountain
Just make sure you take off your welly boots before getting back into the car :D :D

Good luck with the quote,
John

Last edited:
imadoofus said:
They've got a picture of a W124 set on their website.

Hmmmm *thinks* :cool:

PJ

I think care must be taken to avoid looking garish. I can imagine the example in the Bentley looking quite nice.

John

The sheepskin seat covers do look garish. The overrugs, by contrast, are only noticeable when you get in the car and notice the deep pile effect. Unless you choose bright red or soemthing equally garish of course.

imadoofus said:
They've got a picture of a W124 set on their website.

Hmmmm *thinks* :cool:

PJ

Probably cost more than the car is worth !!

Seriously though, if you get a price for the w124 ones i'd love to know !!

Gotta be black though .... ;)

Howard said:
Probably cost more than the car is worth !!

Seriously though, if you get a price for the w124 ones i'd love to know !!

Gotta be black though .... ;)

Yeah, that's what I'll do. I'll buy black ones and then realise I don't have a black interior. Hey, then I can let you have them cheap!! Great idea! Anyone else want to 'fleece' me? ;) ....

I'm waiting to see what the Welshman gets quoted before I go any further...

PJ

glojo said:
Just make sure you take off your welly boots before getting back into the car :D :D

John

There's a whole etiquete and proceedure to be followed for the donning and removal of the wellies....wellies are the sacred items to dedicated sheep sh.......

Think of it like the Japanish Tea ceremony, more ritualistic than conducive to having a nice cup of tea!
:D

Still waiting for the quote off these guys by the way.

sportyreptile said:
There's a whole etiquete and proceedure to be followed for the donning and removal of the wellies....wellies are the sacred items to dedicated sheep sh........
Baaaar-bara told me all about it :eek: :eek: She said, "Ewe aaaare the one for me", but I was only the Sheep Sh*****s son :eek:

Good luck with the mats,
John

560??? Jeez, that's pricey. I still haven't heard from them, perhaps they are getting bombarded with requests from Merc owners and are getting fedup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom