Shelf life

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Headhurts

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes GLC
So today I gave the bonnet, roof and tailgate a dose of AutoGlym HD wax, car looks quite good for a white car as they don’t show a shine too easily.

See photo’s

f27274377a273c3c4fe1bf05a3f500b6.jpg
a30c18dce3c50b9a0c10ca8b4d06672b.jpg

Any how I have many various sorts of products but the HD wax I have had for around 6 years, I wondered if these types of products have a shelf life.

The results looked ok but it’s a question that has been circulating round my head for a while.

Thoughts?

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure about a shelf life I have stuff that’s quite old just give it a good shake before using it.

Car looks great I really wanted a white one when I was looking for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As HD Wax is a "Hard Wax" just as long as it is properly sealed and kept inside it will last years. You'll soon realise if it has gone because it will become very flaky. Liquid polishes will tend to separate.

On the HD Wax wetting your applicator is a good idea - that's what I do. I've had mine since about 2011/2 and it's fine! Although I have now bought some of the new A-G UHD Wax. I found it easier to buff off than the HD Wax, and you need so little it's scary!

Here's after I used the normal HD Wax. (Didn't take any with the UHD - sorry).

sJtpI1c.jpg

As HD Wax is a "Hard Wax" just as long as it is properly sealed and kept inside it will last years. You'll soon realise if it has gone because it will become very flaky. Liquid polishes will tend to separate.

On the HD Wax wetting your applicator is a good idea - that's what I do. I've had mine since about 2011/2 and it's fine! Although I have now bought some of the new A-G UHD Wax. I found it easier to buff off than the HD Wax, and you need so little it's scary!

sJtpI1c.jpg

Car looks good but dark cars do show a shine really well.

I had a pearlescent black car once and it looked awesome when cleaned but also showed any dust/dirt quickly.

Robin

sJtpI1c.jpg
Always good to "wet your applicator" [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Car looks good but dark cars do show a shine really well.

I had a pearlescent black car once and it looked awesome when cleaned but also showed any dust/dirt quickly.

Robin

Thanks....

Sorry, it was more to show regarding "shelf-life". I bought this Tub around 2011/2 and first used it on my Rover 75..... Yes, Rover 75. A pretty pristine one I might add though. :D

O7yZBR6.jpg

Thanks....

Sorry, it was more to show regarding "shelf-life". I bought this Tub around 2011/2 and first used it on my Rover 75..... Yes, Rover 75. A pretty pristine one I might add though. :D

O7yZBR6.jpg

That is such a lovely colour and does look superb.

I have always had a soft spot for Rover cars and did in fact own one an 820 I believe which drove well but was plagued with electrical issues.

Robin

I’ve not had any products go off as such and had some for many years.

As said as long as you store them somewhere cool and keep them tightly closed they’ll last.

I’ve had liquid products separate but a good shake and work as good as ever. :)

That is such a lovely colour and does look superb.

I have always had a soft spot for Rover cars and did in fact own one an 820 I believe which drove well but was plagued with electrical issues.

Robin

Thanks Robin.

Yes, I had this beauty for over 6 years and in that time all I had to replace was the Cam Sensor and fit a new Battery. Other than that, never let me down. I only sold it because I needed an Automatic but just couldn't a good enough one. I eventually sold to a chap in Dublin. He flew in, paid for it and drove off. Didn't even test drive it!

It was a 2001 2.0lt V6 Club SE. But I did a few changes, like put in the Black Interior from a MG-ZT, and the Alcantara Seats. Also a Steering Wheel Airbag from the R75 Facelift Model.

6AEWBqr.jpg

1pZwSXl.jpg

I was sad to see it go.....

I don't have my gear long enough to think about a shelf life, I can't see them having one. Maybe after couple of years I'd probably throw away and replace with some new products just to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom