Shell GO+ Rewards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rockits

MB Enthusiast
Car
2005 E55K Estate; 2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE;2004 E500 Estate;2005 Alfa GT V6;306GTi-6;206 GTi 180
Just thought this might be of use to some. Just got a new Shell Rewards GO+ rewards card. It is all free and gives 10% off Costa Express drinks,Deli2Go food and all Shell Helix oil.

I think there are also fuel rewards after so many fill ups as well.

Just thought this might be of use to some. Just got a new Shell Rewards GO+ rewards card. It is all free and gives 10% off Costa Express drinks,Deli2Go food and all Shell Helix oil.

I think there are also fuel rewards after so many fill ups as well.

I was reminded about this the other week when I last filled up at Shell and used my current drivers club rewards card which they are doing away with. I understand that you don't collect points now but earn 'visits'. So no matter what you're visiting a garage for you're gaining something everytime you make a purchase.

Indeed. Can be mobile app based or also you can request card/fob as well.

Reactions: GLK
and you can do up to 3 qualifying visits per day apparently...

Just don't expect the 3% discount to actually be 3% ... Filled up this afternoon: 45.84 litres @ £1.269 less 3% = £57.94 :eek:

Err, no - that's only 0.4%? Well sir, it takes time to activate fully ... What, like the magic blue pill?

Considering this was setup over two months ago (when First Utility became Shell Energy), it's a really slow "activation".

I preferred the points transferred to to British Airways for air miles/points

Unfortunately my 5.5L V8 is managing 32 mpg on a 60 mile regular motorway run, even worse on the run home to Wales from the BOTG it averaged 32.7 ( with my wife sitting in the passenger seat .
Did however manage 21.6 mpg after 25 mile drive on some nice hilly Welsh roads on my own last week so might be able to make use of my new version Shell card .However Tesco Momentum is both nearer and cheaper than the Shell station 14 miles away , but not as much fun to get too!

I preferred the points transferred to to British Airways for air miles/points
So did I.

The occasional £2 fuel voucher is nice, and the Avios were nicer....

Reactions: GLK
So it doesn't scale with quantity? If you go 10 times and put 15 quid in, or you go 10 times and put £100 in each time, you get the same discount?

So it doesn't scale with quantity? If you go 10 times and put 15 quid in, or you go 10 times and put £100 in each time, you get the same discount?
I believe so

Yes, but you need to spend at least £10 for a 'qualifying' visit, and you can only have 3 qualifying visits per day.

So you could fiil-up £30 worth of fuel (or shopping in the store) by making 3 visits and spending £10 on each one, thus maximising your 'reward', but I doubt anyone will bother.

Said that, I buy Shell V-Power, and will continue to do so... meaning that Shell won't lose me as customer because of their lousy new loyalty scheme, just as the old one wasn't what made me fill-up with Shell fuel in the first place.

ive been a good boy this month and got a free coffee and 5p off per litre of V power till mid July apparently (just activated now) . Hope it isnt 5p off the first litre only !
Screenshot_20190622-215038_Shell.jpg
Screenshot_20190622-215334_Shell.jpg

Does anyone know how to request the fob?

I’ve recently switched to this, it’s likely the rewards are better on the old system if you fill the tank, however as I pass my local shell most times I use the car I’ve started to just put £30 per visit(w204 c63) which equates to every time I drive it o_O so it does appear to be working out ok. The oil is discounted as well, and if the cashier accidentally scans your barcode twice, it doubled the discount for me :eek:

You got around. Shell (and their marketing "partners") know you were in Derbyshire on the A50 and so do I.
That's why I won't sign up to MercedesMe. They capture so much info it makes the Stasi look like PC Plod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom