Shell GO+ Rewards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does anyone know how to request the fob?

I’ve recently switched to this, it’s likely the rewards are better on the old system if you fill the tank, however as I pass my local shell most times I use the car I’ve started to just put £30 per visit(w204 c63) which equates to every time I drive it o_O so it does appear to be working out ok. The oil is discounted as well, and if the cashier accidentally scans your barcode twice, it doubled the discount for me :eek:

You need to login to the website to request the fob, mine arrived today.

You need to login to the website to request the fob, mine arrived today.
Thanks mate, just requested it now, ideal for if I leave my phone in the car/van, I’ve left my reg blank on the form as I use 2 vehicles regularly so hoping this is ok.

Thanks mate, just requested it now, ideal for if I leave my phone in the car/van, I’ve left my reg blank on the form as I use 2 vehicles regularly so hoping this is ok.
Mine didn’t ask for the reg, did you login to your shell account before requesting?

Mine didn’t ask for the reg, did you login to your shell account before requesting?
Yeah, there was a box for reg number but I left it blank and it accepted, I’m sure my local shell will be fine with it, as they’ve previously offered to fill the car off my works fuel card before :eek:

You got around. Shell (and their marketing "partners") know you were in Derbyshire on the A50 and so do I.
That's why I won't sign up to MercedesMe. They capture so much info it makes the Stasi look like PC Plod.
It's a fair point, but since I pay for fuel by credit card, and on my way to the Shell garage I pass through several ANPR cameras - both fixed and mobile, and I also use the Mercedes Me app, I worked-out that there's nowhere to hide anyway....

You got around. Shell (and their marketing "partners") know you were in Derbyshire on the A50 and so do I.
That's why I won't sign up to MercedesMe. They capture so much info it makes the Stasi look like PC Plod.

That's nothing compared to what Google's got on me... if you want to risk an ulcer, check out the below !

Screenshot_20190623-081605_Maps.jpg

Apple/samsung/google have all your data, the government/CCTV network has all your data, your mobile network and banks have all your data... everybody has all your data - I know it feels like giving up, but at this point it feels like you may as well benefit from things like Mercedes Me and Shell.

I enabled 'hey siri' just last week (only works when charging) on my iPhone the other day to make driving a bit safer, to make calls. Although I won't use amazon alexa or use siri on my computer (both are 'always on'), which is contradictory!

My last hold out is I won't willingly let Apple have my fingerprint/face ID!

Last edited:
Don’t know if anyone else has this but if your with shell energy (formally first utility )

You get 3% off your fuel bill every time at the counter

Steve

With Texaco at 126.9ppl (plus Star points) and Shell at 132.9ppl within a mile of each other here (Texaco being closer), I know where I'll be going.

Apple/samsung/google have all your data, the government/CCTV network has all your data, your mobile network and banks have all your data... everybody has all your data - I know it feels like giving up, but at this point it feels like you may as well benefit from things like Mercedes Me and Shell.

I enabled 'hey siri' just last week (only works when charging) on my iPhone the other day to make driving a bit safer, to make calls. Although I won't use amazon alexa or use siri on my computer (both are 'always on'), which is contradictory!

My last hold out is I won't willingly let Apple have my fingerprint/face ID!
Do you press the home button on a phone capable of Touch ID or look at the screen of a phone capable of Face ID? If you do them you have already let Apple have your fingerprint and 3D scan of your face. You just have flicked the switch which enables you to unlock your phone using Touch ID or Face ID.

Don’t know if anyone else has this but if your with shell energy (formally first utility )

Steve
Isn’t this limited to 60 litres a month?

Yes, but you need to spend at least £10 for a 'qualifying' visit, and you can only have 3 qualifying visits per day

If you require more than three visits daily order a second fob in your partners name which will enable six visits.

Steve

Also worth noting that you don't get the discount when using Fill Up & Go - I always use it for speed and only noticed I wasn't getting the discount when looking through my receipts.

New scheme is terrible

Old scheme I would accrue around £40-£60 in vouchers each quarter as I fill up four or five times a week in the work van, and then brim the c63 tank too

On the new one I got a generous £1 off on my 10th visit... after the fourth I was awarded a £2.80 off fuel offer to choose to use whenever I liked. Tried to use it for a £3.80 total saving on that tenth visit and I got ‘sorry sir, you can only use one at a time’

:wallbash: Thanks Shell. Awful

Aha, it did seem a bit odd that the petrol/oil giant, Shell, of all companies, decided to give us a better deal and bigger discounts purely from the goodness of their own hearts.

Make it worse for the consumer but rebrand it as better. Classic!

Yes, the new scheme is very poor... and very annoying. Oh well.

Reactions: GLK
Tesco is nearer so Momentum it is ( and cheaper ) unless I happen to pass a Shell station when the tank is getting low

Tesco is nearer so Momentum it is ( and cheaper ) unless I happen to pass a Shell station when the tank is getting low

With shell now ruining a good thing, Tesco is the much better option with clubcard points. It’s just a shame there’s more shells than Tesco’s on commute routes, plus the nearest Tesco to me that sells the high ron petrol isn’t close to me

With shell now ruining a good thing, Tesco is the much better option with clubcard points. It’s just a shame there’s more shells than Tesco’s on commute routes, plus the nearest Tesco to me that sells the high ron petrol isn’t close to me
There is one just off the a45 at Wellingborough mate if that’s any good

Reactions: GLK
There is one just off the a45 at Wellingborough mate if that’s any good

Only one round our way that sells it is Weston Favell I thought?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom