Shell locations on nav unit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dappa

Car
C63 Coupe
I've noticed on the nav unit that BP and Esso garges are located but not shell or is it just my local Shell garge that is not listed.
I will be using V-Power when possible and before I get flamed I've used it in my last 3 cars and I CAN feel a differance.

Mine (NTG2.5) does list Shell garages in general, although the locations are badly out of date - my 2012 maps still show a local Shell garage that closed down some 10 years ago.

More worryingly, it is also still showing the local MB Service Centre that closed down around the same time...

I don't think they discriminate against Shell - more likely the POI list has never been updated for some reason.

I get Shell stations on mine too.

Shell garages show up on mine too. As above though, plenty of inaccuracies.

I've noticed on the nav unit that BP and Esso garges are located but not shell or is it just my local Shell garge that is not listed.
I will be using V-Power when possible and before I get flamed I've used it in my last 3 cars and I CAN feel a differance.

Which nav unit are you talking about (the car shown in your profile is 'Focus RS')? There are certainly downloadable POI files for Shell stations - I've got one on my TomTom. But of course they are never 100% up to date.

Wheel have an App for iPhone that gives you directions to nearest V Power garage

Which nav unit are you talking about (the car shown in your profile is 'Focus RS')? There are certainly downloadable POI files for Shell stations - I've got one on my TomTom. But of course they are never 100% up to date.

Sorry, I need to change my profile. I now own a C63 coupe with the Audio 20. It does show all the garages in my area except the one Shell garage I use so I was not sure if it would show other Shell locations when I'm out the area.
I've got the app but it would be nice to know other locations.

My 2013 nav (new black and white colour screen) with an update in the last week of August shows them and I've used it a few times to find them and they have always been accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom