Sheppey Crossing Crash - 130 Vehicles involved

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Firefighters were finding people with only one or two limbs....but then quickly realised that this was normal for residents of the isle of sheppy.

They're all family , it's a big 'cash for crash' scam !

Where's Sheppey?

Fortunately calling for assistance was no problem as everyone was on their mobile phone at the time of impact! :devil:

No doubt every one of them fully believed they were travelling at a speed appropriate to the conditions, that they could handle it because they're better drivers than the common herd.

For the past few mornings at 6am there have been fog patches here in the Midlands. Yet I still saw several cars without any lights on. Twilight driving can be quite dangerous as some people feel just because lights aren't needed to see where they are going then they don't need them at all. Even cars with automatic lights don't always turn on during fog (how many owners read the manual to learn this?)

Both the two's, Too fast and too close

10 mile an hour brains in 100 mile an hour vehicles I guess, driving standards are pretty appalling these days though.

Sorry guys but many of these responses do neither this forum nor the posters any credit.
Thankfully I've heard of no fatalities but unfortunately many injured, some seriously.
My best wishes to all involved and their families. I very much doubt they're all culpable.

hmmmm... the only guy driving an MB wasn't involved in the messy pile up and in all the pics/videos I didn't see a single smashed up MB...hmmm what does that say about MB's and their drivers???

Where's Sheppey?

Its an island near Sittingbourne in Kent that only has the one access road. I seem to recall that when the new dual carriageway bridge was built (to replace a single carriageway lifting bridge shared with the railway allowing taller ships to pass under) questions were raised about lighting on it and I think it all came down to money!

No doubt every one of them fully believed they were travelling at a speed appropriate to the conditions, that they could handle it because they're better drivers than the common herd.

Nope, woman on the 6 o'clock news admitted she was going to fast in the conditions

It's going to take a while to sort out .....

Last one of these I had to deal with was the M4 crash near reading a good few years ago. The police report on that one was horrific reading as several vehicles caught fire resulting on mot of the vehicles catching fire ..along with some of the occupants....

The good news is that this time, no one was killed and I've not heard of any serious injuries as yet.

Sorry guys but many of these responses do neither this forum nor the posters any credit.
Thankfully I've heard of no fatalities but unfortunately many injured, some seriously.
My best wishes to all involved and their families. I very much doubt they're all culpable.
Of course you're right. It MAY have been just 10% who were culpable, and it's those who we are denigrating (although I suspect the truly culpable numbers were much higher).

When I heard about this on the news this morning the reports said that the carnage was caused by fog. No it wasn't. It was caused 100% by incompetent and dangerous driving. Every driver who had to brake heavily in an attempt to avoid hitting another vehicle was driving too fast and too close for the conditions. Those who were unable to avoid hitting another vehicle before being hit themselves were driving far too fast and far too close. It's all too easy to blame others and/or the conditions.

Spot anything unusual in this picture?
New-Sheppey-Crash-2252784.png

Was that the start of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom