She's arrived!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi RhysC63,

Very nice car by the way, love the colour and those wheels. I prefer the estate version as well.

Good luck and enjoy.

Regards,

Dash1

You sooooo have to get a "My other car is a Porsche" sticker!

I was always tempted to when I had a 944/911.

Wondered if only I would get the joke too!

Lovely car though not keen on the sand leather :eek:.

Very nice!

My passenger side bonnet catch is the same! In actual fact, when mine was delivered the bonnet on the passenger side wasn't properly shut and he'd drive 200 miles with it like that :eek: He said he'd thought he'd noticed a bit of vibration but ignored it :crazy: All is fine though, just needs a bit of extra pressure on that side to get it to shut.

Yes, cracking interior colour combo.

I'd have at least expected a new £60K car to be delivered on the back of a trailer or small 1 car transporter!

V.nice.

Do you mind if I ask why you didn't use a local MB dealership eg. LLandudno Junction ?

Lovely AMG!

Fantastic looking car! Well done for holding off on the options.

MB South West (Exeter) seem to deliver most of the cheap MB lease deals you see. My CLS came from there. They will deliver it on a transporter if you like - for an appropriate fee :). Also the fleet/business side is quite separate from the retail showroom so you won't get the showroom collection/handover experience.

V.nice.

Do you mind if I ask why you didn't use a local MB dealership eg. LLandudno Junction ?

I tried Chester which is only 6 miles or so away but the best they could do was £890 for a 6+24 12k p/a deal. I then got in touch with Pantheon leasing (by recommendation on here) who had 1 estate left on order with enough time left to modify the specification - for £550. It seems that many dealers had already used up their allocation for 2012 and the only cars they could offer were laden with options that pushed the price up (just guessing - I have no real evidence to back the theory up, mind you this is an internet forum so I could probably state it as fact :) )

Firstly congrats on the arrival of your new car! And welcome to the C63 Estate club: based on my forum posts, you'll have to write extra long monthly reports to bore everyone with. On second thoughts, I imagine I will remain the only member :D

Regarding the bonnet catch (striker), mine is also the same. It requires a fair push on the badge to ensure they engage properly. Much better to do this than to push on the bonnet over each striker.

Regarding the bonnet catches...

Let the bonnet close and latch under its own weight. This will prevent you putting dents in it with your palms!

A gentle drop from about 6-8 inches should do it.:thumb:

Unfortunatley this doesn't work on the C63 bonnet as, due to the gas strut supports, the hinge only goes over-centre when the bonnet is approx 6 inches away from its latched position. You have to physically push it down (unfortunately).

Unfortunatley this doesn't work on the C63 bonnet as, due to the gas strut supports, the hinge only goes over-centre when the bonnet is approx 6 inches away from its latched position. You have to physically push it down (unfortunately).

It's a Mercedes, the struts will be worn out soon...

I would try slamming it rather than pushing down on the metalwork.

I have 2-3 year old cars here that are the same, you need to swing the bonnet shut... dont push down on it as you will dent it quite easily..

It's a Mercedes, the struts will be worn out soon...

I would try slamming it rather than pushing down on the metalwork.

Yes that's what I do (I didn't explain myself very well) - push firmly down to, in effect, slam the bonnet. Don't like doing it, but it appears that's the Mercedes way :dk:

The demonstrator I had earlier in the year had the same problem. Got it home to find the near side hadn't caught properly and needed a bit of a slam to sort it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom