She's been a lady

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldmerc

Car
05 S320CDI,96 E200
My 1996 E200 has been a great car,purchased in2002 it has been reliable and has only recently started to rust around front wheel arches.
With regret im looking to replace her with a newer model and have struggled to find similar spec model around 2006.
Recently i have been looking at some E350 petrol 211's 2006 but have been somewhat scared about balance shaft/timing chain sprockets wearing resulting in expensive engine rebuilds.
Am i right in saying these faults effect this year and model and are their any other known faults to look out for ?
Great site with some very freindly and experienced members

oldmerc said:
My 1996 E200 has been a great car,purchased in2002 it has been reliable and has only recently started to rust around front wheel arches.
With regret im looking to replace her with a newer model and have struggled to find similar spec model around 2006.
Recently i have been looking at some E350 petrol 211's 2006 but have been somewhat scared about balance shaft/timing chain sprockets wearing resulting in expensive engine rebuilds.
Am i right in saying these faults effect this year and model and are their any other known faults to look out for ?
Great site with some very freindly and experienced members

Look for an E500 or E320cdi. Both are epic cars

We sell loads of these engine'd mercedes and never heard of the issue you mention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom