Shine Armor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big1Jim

SUPPORTER
Car
W212 E63 BiTurbo
Very impressed with this stuff. Only con so far is its cost!

What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_20201212_175846_404.jpg
    IMG_20201212_175846_404.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 35
  • PicsArt_12-12-06.27.19.jpg
    PicsArt_12-12-06.27.19.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
They all look nice after a few hours work on them ..But proof is , what the look like after a few days in the rain .
Very true! Here's what it looks like after a night in the rain and an hours drive to SB and back.

Attachments

• PicsArt_12-13-10.39.32.jpg
    PicsArt_12-13-10.39.32.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • PicsArt_12-13-10.39.13.jpg
    PicsArt_12-13-10.39.13.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Big 1 sounds expensive .But i only need it for my boot lid . In the summer the rain will stay on the boot lid, and if i dont dry it off i get white spots in the paintwork . But it would last a bit longer if i only used it for the boot lid ...Thanks i will look in to buying me a bottle .

Big 1 sounds expensive .But i only need it for my boot lid . In the summer the rain will stay on the boot lid, and if i dont dry it off i get white spots in the paintwork . But it would last a bit longer if i only used it for the boot lid ...Thanks i will look in to buying me a bottle .
Just make sure you dont let it dry. Wipe on, wipe off. Simples!
Some good YouTube reviews about it.

.I've seen this product online a number of times, with lots of rave reviews, so I forked over my 20 beer tokens and today tried it out.

It's a waterless wash, polish and ceramic coat. I'm always wary of waterless clean products, but as my car has already been ceramic coated by someone who knows what they're doing and is never particularly dirty (the car, not the man who did the coating) I decided as long as I keep everything wet and use clean cloths all will be fine.

In that aspect all was fine, however the instructions say 'apply to damp cloth and car, wipe gently and remove before dry'. That last part. It dries pretty much immediately, it's 17 degrees and cloudy here, normally good polishing weather. Buffing it off to a streak free shine involves a whole lot of effort, rewetting, more effort and it's still not as perfect as I would like. Probably doesn't help that my car is dark blue and glass from bonnet to boot.

Anyways here's some pics, took me two hours and two thirds of the bottle. As you can see it started to rain just as I finished, obviously so I could see the hydrophobic properties of this stuff.

Would I use it again? If my car wasn't already ceramic coated and as a once a month treatment I'm 50/50. If your motor already has ceramic coating then no - get down the jetwash, break out the quick detailer and save yourself some money and muscle aching effort.

Attachments

• 2021-07-03-13-25-58.jpg
    2021-07-03-13-25-58.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 2021-07-03-13-25-14.jpg
    2021-07-03-13-25-14.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 2021-07-03-13-23-53.jpg
    2021-07-03-13-23-53.jpg
    421.2 KB · Views: 8
Very impressed with this stuff. Only con so far is its cost!

What do you think?

Looks good, but do you have a non HDR photo so we can really see what it looks like?

Looks good, but do you have a non HDR photo so we can really see what it looks like?
Just those three that I took with my phone. Looks the same as real life if I compare them?

EDIT: Just noticed that was for somebody else, apologies!

Two thirds of a bottle! Eeek. A bottle lasts me about ten complete applications. Only needs a few squirts per panel.

I now use Meguiars Ceramic Spray Wax. It's awesome and lasts a lot longer than this stuff.

Two thirds of a bottle! Eeek. A bottle lasts me about ten complete applications. Only needs a few squirts per panel.

I now use Meguiars Ceramic Spray Wax. It's awesome and lasts a lot longer than this stuff.
Was your car dirty? Mine wasn't filthy but it needed a wash, not sure how you would have used so little and kept everything wet to avoid scratches.

Normal weekly grim.
That's about it.
Few squirts, wipe off. Buff.
Sounds like my evening sex ritual.

I'd have been too afraid of scratching because it wasn't wet enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom