Shiny new Brembo's!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RyanMuller

Car
C32 AMG
Just fitted some new front discs and pads. Got 345mm drilled Brembo discs with Mintex pads off Ebay brand new for £140.

Pretty good deal I thought.

2m621yo.jpg

25qqk9c.jpg

Nice. I also bought new Brembo discs and pads back in June and due to there being no paint protection on the dics centres they are now pretty rusty. So when its warmer, off with both wheels and a couple of coats of smooth silver hammerite paint will be going on.

Something you may want to do too Ryan before the rust sets in.

I have Brembo discs all round, with Brembo pads on the rear and Red Stuff on the front.

Wish I had Red Stuff on the back too, the lack of dust on the front compared to the back is very obvious.

Just ordered Brembo front discs and pads all around plus wear sensor from Euro Car Parts.
All together with delivery = 200 pound, not a bad deal :)
They are doing 30% off for this weekend only.

Just ordered Brembo front discs and pads all around plus wear sensor from Euro Car Parts.
All together with delivery = 200 pound, not a bad deal :)
They are doing 30% off for this weekend only.

Be prepared to file down the paint on the Brembo pads so they are a nice loose fit. If they are too tight ,they won't retract in the caliper.

Do you guys think that I went wrong by choosing Brembo all around ?
I'm a bit worried about the tight fit, is that true with Brembo ?

I have fitted Brembo on many cars, not had an issue. I know AMGeed was a little disappointed with them due to their finish (did they squeal too?) but apart from that not seen any bad reviews like we get from some Pagid brakes

Do you guys think that I went wrong by choosing Brembo all around ?
I'm a bit worried about the tight fit, is that true with Brembo ?

As Bob below states, not necessarily going to be a tight fit on your car, but just warning you that mine were. Only took a minute or two to file off a bit of black paint around the edgesand they fitted fine.

I have fitted Brembo on many cars, not had an issue. I know AMGeed was a little disappointed with them due to their finish (did they squeal too?) but apart from that not seen any bad reviews like we get from some Pagid brakes

Yes mine were a bit of a poor fit, but the state of my alloy calipers had a part in that. They did squeal too for the first few hundred miles, but are fine now.
I wouldn't worry about choosing Brembo at all.

Thank you guys, feel a bit better now :)
Is the first set of brakes I'm going to fit on my MB E350 Coupe
What about the hand break pads, I ordered them too,are them necessary to be change on a 4 years old MB ?

I doubt there will be any wear on the handbrake pads, especially on a 4 yr old car. They don't actually touch the disc when the car is moving so absolutely minimal wear.

At least pagit have paint on and ive had no problems with mine all round disc and pads.

Fitted loads of brembo brakes now, never had any fitting issues and there disks are also painted.

£200 seems very cheap as I would imagine you have sports pack?

Fitted loads of brembo brakes now, never had any fitting issues and there disks are also painted.

£200 seems very cheap as I would imagine you have sports pack?

The op's don't look painted in his pic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom