Shiny pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S205 C300
OK, I'm officially shiny now - thanks to Shude and others for the great info. posted previously.

Brake one was a bit fiddly, but managed the whole thing without a single plaster required!

Oh and I got the standard response from the parts dept. guy - "wow, these are cheap!" :)

Pedals.jpg

Very nice. Anyone else noticed that the park brake studs are a different shape to the rest. Thats not a criticism, there're all the same, even my departed coupe.

Portzy.

Yup I noticed, luckily the parking brake is small and out of the way ... would be much more noticeable if the other two weren't the same!

Cost was £24 all in, by the way.

stats007 said:
How much and where from Bill?

Official M-B parts, ordered at the stealer Saturday morning and arrived today:

A 170 300 00 04 : accelerator pedal
A 170 290 01 82 : brake pedal pad
A 230 430 00 84 : parking brake pedal pad

BTB 500 said:
Official M-B parts, ordered at the stealer Saturday morning and arrived today:

A 170 300 00 04 : accelerator pedal
A 170 290 01 82 : brake pedal pad
A 230 430 00 84 : parking brake pedal pad

Guess what I am doing tomorrow!

stats007 said:
Any reason the parking pedal has a different vehicle code and oval dots?

Don't know, sorry. These are the part nos. that were researched and found by others some time ago.

BTW the accelerator part above is the whole pedal - remove the pivot pin from the old one, let it drop forward, and undo the two plastic nuts that hold it to the floor. The other two are just the pads, you simply pull the old rubbers off and put the new alloy ones on. As mentioned, it's a bit of a fiddle getting the brake one on properly due to the size ... get the right hand side and the top on first, then the left side, then finally the bottom.

Old posts will give you the part numbers for manual cars (search on 'shiny pedals', or 'alloy pedals'). The ones above fit virtually all autos AFAIK, seem to remember there's one model where you leave the existing accelerator pedal in place and just replace the cover (as per the brake), rather than using the whole new pedal.

These OEM sets sell regularly on eBay for £40+ ! :D

Death to Chrome!

There is a parking brake pad with circular dots too now, and also MEGA expensive oval stud pedals for brake and gas.

I am still trying to find the part numbers though. New W211 "sport" has the parking brake with circular dots, anyone got one? They also have a "dead pedal" with matching studs for your redundant clutch-foot ;)

Accelerator & Brake appear to be SLK parts from the part numbers, the parking brake is from an SL, as the SLK has a normal handbrake - that would explain it !

S.

KillerHERTZ said:
Death to Chrome!

The pedals are alloy btw, not chrome.

sym said:
Accelerator & Brake appear to be SLK parts from the part numbers, the parking brake is from an SL, as the SLK has a normal handbrake - that would explain it !

S.

Out of interest, on my R129 the old ones I removed had 123, 124, and 129 part numbers on the brake, parking brake, and accelerator respectively. So they obviously don't change the pedal sizes very often! :)

(fortunately for us)

OK let me try again. The pedals have an aluminium type finish, not "chrome like".

BTB 500 said:
The pedals are alloy btw, not chrome.

Quite right !!!

Shude said:
They also have a "dead pedal" with matching studs for your redundant clutch-foot ;)

I wouldnt mind one of those ;) , it'd suit my "dead leg" perfectly. If your gonna seek the part Nos' Shude?

Portzy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom