Ship delayed at Port !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

juned

Car
E220 CDI Sport
Firstly a big hello to the community. A newbie here.

Ordered my first Mercedes, a W212 Sport with Pan roof and loads of other extras. I was told on the 27th Feb that the car would be delivered to me on the 7th March. On 7th March told that it would be 8th march.

Got a call on the morning of 8th March that they are expecting the car delivered sometime during the day and they will call me as soon as they have a confirmed timing.

Later that afternoon after loads of follow up, I was told that they had no idea where the car was. After loads of calls and follow ups, I was told today, the 9th March, that the car is stuck in port in Germany. Basically the ship has been held at port.

Surely there must be other cars on that boat and there must be other people around whose cars are suddenly delayed.

The dealer was initially totally confused but after a lot of persistence was given this answer.

I have all the details about the car including registration, VIN number but no car...

Does this happen? and if it is does is there anyway to track this?

Any pointers would be appreciated and thanks a ton in advance!!

Welcome juned.

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question.

If you post the name of the supplying dealer perhaps some here could say if they are likely to make-up stories, or they are generally reliable - but sadly some MB dealers have been known to be economical with the truth.

I don't know if it helps but there are strong easterly winds and the North Sea is as rough as ***k do that may be a reason

Better being stuck in Port for a day or so than sat at the bottom of the Atlantic? :eek:

:) Thanks

Thanks for the replies... The dealer has been very apologetic today but its a north london dealer. Ordered on the 20th and there was a stock car which was basically what i needed plus more.. So ordered that as I was told that it would take 7-10 days for delivery....

What annoyed me initially, was that for 3 days they had no idea where the car was...

MB Temple Fortune?

Only used them once for servicing 3 years ago and they did tell me porkies at the time :D

But as others said, there may be a perfectly reasonable explanation for the delay.

My car arrived unexpectedly a week or so early last night but I guess if yours is on the later boat then you may well be stuck. Probably shipping loads at the mo for new plate orders

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom