Shipping a car battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Does any one know of a courier that will ship a car battery within the UK? Need to send a Tayna battery back under warranty but they do not arrange any shipping for returns. Any help appreciated, thanks

Where is it going to and from?
Does any one know of a courier that will ship a car battery within the UK? Need to send a Tayna battery back under warranty but they do not arrange any shipping for returns. Any help appreciated, thanks
Is it too far to actually take it ?

Where is it going to and from?

Is it too far to actually take it ?
About 140 miles!

General Prohibitions and Restrictions | Parcelforce Worldwide
Parcelforce do it as long as its non spillable , prob cheaper options out there
mind you it says car batteries are no...
Who was the original courier to you?
It was bought directly from Tayna Batteries. Can't remember which courier they used but I suspect TNT or UPS. Seems they have agreements with these companies as they have big accounts with them but they don't seem to allow Joe Public to send a car battery which is nuts. Tayna have sent the appropriate packaging to cap of the terminals etc but no return label as they state it's the sender's responsiblity

There's alot of stuff with hindsight that should be bought local .

There's alot of stuff with hindsight that should be bought local .
Thankfully it's not mine but is a family member's, although I always seem to get lumbered with these tasks! I do think it is a bit poor from a battery manufacturer though, at least charge for the shipping.

I am thinking about replacing my battery in the future and I will make sure it is from somewhere I can return it should I need to.

Blimey you did well for them to accept a return. I know a few people who had problems with their batteries and they said each issue was due to improper use.

They said that leisure batteries should be removed from caravans when not in use, and refused to accept that a caravan can be continuously in use!

Last edited:
Similar experience with tyres , mail order , bit cheaper than local and shorty after 12 months the outer corner edges cracked up , all 4 suggesting a transport issue .

Seen the tyre all over and not seen one's cracked like this so not just a poor tyre that's prone .

Turns out they'd charge £20 for courier and refund based on how many mm was left .

Unviable as I'd have to purchase a new set of 4 straight away with a dizzy head of same again or premium .

Still have them , cracked further , not many miles and mot has yet to advise .

Suffered with Tayna in the past
Customer service is appalling
They could easily arrange carriage at your cost

Dealt with them once, always warn anyone asking, against dealing with them
I should have listened to my mum; If you buy cheap, you buy twice

Silly question I suppose, but, have you asked Tayna who they used?

Surely the thing is as well that once you return it they could then say no fault or fault caused by misuse ?

Tayna get a loot of good press on this forum for their prices but I've always found my local Mercedes dealer to be very competitive.
I guess from a shipping point, could you box it then attach to a small "pallet" style base and not say what's in the package, hopefully the pallet base will keep it the correct way up?

Thanks for the replies gents, I have managed to book UPS for collection tomorrow and have declared it as a battery so no short cuts. They seem to be the only courier that will ship batteries and its only £9.59 or £11.99 door to door. Not bad for a 18.5kg package. Now to see if the battery is deemed faulty but that's not my problem 😁

when I ordered a battery from Tayna Bob it came with DHL

when I ordered a battery from Tayna Bob it came with DHL

This is the problem Abs, they won't ship it for just anyone, only the companies they have prior agreements with.

Business opportunity here...battery shipment :D

To close this off, battery was posted on Monday, arrived there Tuesday. There was no communication in between but then an email was received stating a new battery had been shipped and it arrived Thursday PM. Can't fault the service (apart from not collecting the battery) but reading some other posts, might have got lucky.

Oh and surprisingly, the new battery came via DHL :wallbash:

To close this off, battery was posted on Monday, arrived there Tuesday. There was no communication in between but then an email was received stating a new battery had been shipped and it arrived Thursday PM. Can't fault the service (apart from not collecting the battery) but reading some other posts, might have got lucky.

Oh and surprisingly, the new battery came via DHL :wallbash:
Blimey, maybe they think you’re someone not to be messed with.

I remained positive that you’d get a replacement considering they charged you and I’d have been shocked to hear otherwise.

I remained positive that you’d get a replacement considering they charged you and I’d have been shocked to hear otherwise.
It was a very easy process. Perhaps some members just had their wires crossed

Maybe the current situation is better than it used to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom