Shipping cars.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve_B

Car
ML63 AMG, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Aston Martin DBS Volante & Triumph Rocket 3
....especially to the other side of the world.....is, shall we say, a little stressful

Picture002a.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006a.jpg

Went in, in perfect condition. Fingers crossed it comes out that way!

Presently in the Gulf of Aden, doing 20mph :)

One down, three to go.

Good luck.

I trust you will keep us updated - whatever the outcome.

Looks good, you wouldn't believe the number of people who don't communicate with their shippers and just order a certain length container without thinking about how to get the car 4ft. off the ground to load it. Whereabouts are you moving to?

I would be tempted to fill the gaps with lots of fluffy cushions.

How did the bloke guiding the car in, get out? Or is he still there, waiting to guide it out again....

How did the bloke guiding the car in, get out? Or is he still there, waiting to guide it out again....

Was just about to ask the same thing :thumb:

Did you add anything inbetween the ML and the walls of the container?

p.s. If you can, please post pics of the other three cars you're shipping to NZ :) I'm a bit of a transport geek :dk:

Also, why was the tailgate open?

To get out me thinks

I import quite a bit, you'd be surprised how many containers fall off ships - as many as 10,000 a year.

Oceanographers use these lost at sea containers to track tides.

Here's an article about such an event:-

Shipping Containers – Lost At Sea | CS Shipping Containers

Get well insured.

In your favour though, the heavy container are generally put towards the bottom of the ship as ballast - the lighter ones to the top.

What are you doing with the Astons??

They get shipped in a 40ft Container on the 18th of November

Think I'll over inflate the tyres to add buoyancy
outtahere.gif

I import quite a bit, you'd be surprised how many containers fall off ships - as many as 10,000 a year.

And there was me just worrying about the odd knock and scratch :doh:

My son shipped his MG Midget from Southampton to Freemantle RoRo, it took a few weeks and cost him I believe about £800 but it arrived safe and well, just needed jump starting to get it off the ship (the crew took care of that!). Only thing they missed was the certificate that the car had been properly washed before shipping, so the first thing that happened was the Oz authorities washed the car - and charged him loads of money for it! Seems they're a bit paranoid in Oz about importing bugs and germs.

I thought I recognised that ML.

I've 'seen' you on a different forum haven't Mr B! (talking about getting 16-18mpg!)

Have you had enough of the YUK?

Wonder how they do it in a car without folding rear seats or sunroof :)

Car = 51/2' to 6' with mirrors folded, container = 8' (same as single garage), so getting out is easy, either door open or via window.

I thought I recognised that ML.

Have you had enough of the YUK?

Indeed I have John......Buying a 'one-way' ticket just makes me feel warm all over....

oh, and I won't be needing the winter tyres for at least....err, possibly forever :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom