Shipping costs??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Felstmiester

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range rover sport
Haven't a clue!! But with all the carbon goodies coming up on eBay at such realistic prices from China is it worth a dabble? A lot of the prices I've noticed doesn't include shipping or import duties.

Recently purchased some headlights from China, shipped via EMS at I think around £40 without checking my emails, wasn't much

It's the import tax they're going to sting me with I'm not looking forward to. Parcelforce has had the lights for four days now awaiting customs clearance. I'm thinking in future avoid EMS and go for FedEx as they go with Royal Mail and their process is slightly quicker regarding customs

Ok I'm useless with this sort of stuff. But I guess, you hit buy it now on eBay item then they send it to a container for shipping there end. Then that's there bit done. You then pay from there. Is this right?

On eBay id of thought the shipping costs would be listed and no doubt included in the final price

With customs charges it depends what it is, they literally have a code for everything. My headlights I bet there will be around £130 charge

Funny as I bought some DRL's last month and the charges were only £13, but I noticed the seller put an invoice on there of x1 light at value £44, not the £170 I actually paid so there are some ways of getting away with it.

You'll be notified by your courier when it reaches be UK on the custom charges etc

Just PM the seller and ask them to mark the "cost" down so you don't get stung.

Just PM the seller and ask them to mark the "cost" down so you don't get stung.

Just be aware that if it gets lost, if there is any insurance it will be paid at the declared value as opposed to what you actually paid.

If it's £100 or so then I guess that's not an issues. If it's big numbers then pay to make sure it's all above board.

I ship a lot from China, monthly pallet airfreight. We don't use container freight. But we do volumes and odd bits and pieces are a nuisance.

For small amounts of stuff (under 500kg) we find DHL more efficient. For over 500KG we use China Southern Airlines and ship in prepacked pallets.

So do they let you know when your item gets to the uk so you can arrange collection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom