Shock Absorber Settings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

L12KE

Car
W202 C280 (Manual)
Hi guys, im new here so please bare with me.

My car is a w202 (1994) C280.
I'm fitting a Spax Suspension kit (Not my first choice but time and money was a factor)
Regarding the settings on the shocks, can anyone give me advice on the best settings for my car. (clicks either way, front and rear on the knob on the bottom)

I understand it will be a trial and error issue, but was looking for a good starting point.

Relative Info on the car: The car has air conditioning but currently no AC Condenser is fitted, i also have a large ICE install that weighs the equalavent of a child in the boot but no spare wheel and is sitting on original 17" Amg wheels.

Also i have Dot 1 Spring Shims front and rear.
Has anyone kept dot 1 shims on their car?? Issues with Dot 1 shims? i have all sizes so im not bothered about changing back.

Any help / advice / information would be greatly recieved!
Thanks in Advance

Luke

Hi

did you fit shocks and springs or just shocks? 28 stage Bump & Rebound?

mazza

For what it's worth I'd start on equal settings front and rear, maybe somewhere 1/3 from full soft. Drive around and see how it feels. Then adjust front an rear separately 1-2 clicks at a time.

Make notes of the settings and how it feels, you'll soon forget otherwise.

Yea shocks and springs, just doing the back ones now. Shocks are basic PSX adjustables something like 14 clicks of adjustmemt. Whole job has got to be done by next week. Cheers for replies lads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom