Shock news, BMW to possible get good-looking cars again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fyonn

Car
BMW 330d
the latest news just in:

Chris Bangle has quit BMW

whoo.. BMW might once again get some cars that are actually good looking, rather than just having looks that are somewhat "controversial"...

dave

Not sure if that's good or bad news....he could end up at Stuttgart.

Not sure if that's good or bad news....he could end up at Stuttgart.

hey, I thought the current S class had a bangle butt already! has he been moonlighting perhaps? ;)

actually, the article says he's leaving the auto industry completely, so the three pointed star should be safe for now.

& I was just geting used to them

hey, I thought the current S class had a bangle butt already! has he been moonlighting perhaps? ;)

actually, the article says he's leaving the auto industry completely, so the three pointed star should be safe for now.
No. Bangle copied it from the Maybach prototype at the Detroit Show in I think 1998.

I'm delighted to see the back of him. The cars that Bangle mangled should have a tax on them as we all have to look at their ugliness. It would be nice to have a real choice. At the moment we have two top marques, MB and BMW, and then a second tier with Volvo, Jag and Audi and Saab in it. But for me, although I always go and drive a BMW when changing cars, I can never get myself to accept the looks.

I find the 6 series the ugliest car of modern times, closely followed by the 7 and the 1 series.

Remember this man designed the Fiat Multipla before BMW picked him out. Why that did not put them off heaven knows.

I'm delighted to see the back of him. The cars that Bangle mangled should have a tax on them as we all have to look at their ugliness. I

The problem is the knock on to new designs from MB.

Bit like 'New Labour' evolved as a response in the political marketplace the 80s conservatives the W204 and W212 have (IMO) evolved as 'New MB' in response to Bangle's reign at BMW.

Isn't there a BMW SUV kind of thingy that appears to be an attempt to copy a Ssang Yong?

Slightly off topic but do you think he designed this scooter too?
BMW20SCT2080020Scooter.jpg

No , Oberdan Bezzi designed it ;)

I've always liked his designs.

Z4 was fabulous, 7 series originally looked great, facelift not so much, 6 series is a good looker to my eyes.

5 and 3 series are very meh though.

(I refuse to acknowledge SUV's ;) )

Remember this man designed the Fiat Multipla before BMW picked him out. Why that did not put them off heaven knows.

Seems like this is incorrect - Clarkson said it on Top Gear but was not true even though Bangle was at Fiat. (I bet they could not get anyone to own up to the Multipla design though.)

I also nominate the X3 as truely horrible.

And I have just bought a 1-series convertible, which with the roof down is really pretty (unlike the booted version)

Seems like this is incorrect - Clarkson said it on Top Gear but was not true even though Bangle was at Fiat. (I bet they could not get anyone to own up to the Multipla design though.)

I also nominate the X3 as truely horrible.

And I have just bought a 1-series convertible, which with the roof down is really pretty (unlike the booted version)

Agreed, that the car of choice for the missus at the moment. Looks good with the roof up too I think. What's the boot space like?

Agreed, that the car of choice for the missus at the moment. Looks good with the roof up too I think. What's the boot space like?

Yes, this is primarily for my girlfriend but looks OK from a male driver perspective too. Boot is great - since we are coming from a mini ! Seriously, for our use, space has never been an issue since there's always the back seats if needed.

If you are seriously looking for one - check out the "used" BMW prices, we just saved over £6k on a pre-registered but otherwise brand new car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom