shocking and despicable behaviour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nick mercedes

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Expedition
While driving down one the several mile long straight sections of the A30 in my veg oil powered 200D (which I have had down rated to save on fuel) I happened to get stuck behind a steam roller.

Imagine my shock when some teenage herbert on a Honda stepframe moped overtook me at almost double the 20mph we were doing and darted into the 600yard space I was leaving in front of me for health and safety reasons. Needless to say I had to brake very heavily to avoid a collsion, my copy of the daily mail was flung off the parcel shelf, and Nick Jr was hurled towards the front seat due to the rip off garage I'd used not putting the child seat in properly - entirely their fault despite them leaving it on its side on the roof of the car and telling me about it.

Well as you can imagine I was outraged, I set off in pursuit of the criminal and managed to get behind him long enough to ring 999/trading standards/Saga and alert the authorities to the potential killer, sadly in my efforts to catch up with him I forced the steam roller off the road - it flattend a bus shelter full of nuns and orphens, but I still feel I was doing the right thing.

Now all I have to do is fire off a load of writs and put the garage who didn't refit my child seat in properly out of business...

I think you forgot to mention the personal injury claim, and credit hire car that this caused as you hit a kerb in the process.....hope they don't write off the car....

Don't always agree, but enjoyed the post,

Don't forget to take out a super-injunction - you don't want any of this getting into the press...

Were there any Nigerian scammers on the road roller?

Were there any Nigerian scammers on the road roller?

Worse, turned out the steam roller (cat C salvage), driven by an eastern european, was being roadtested by a garage, having been brought off ebay with a hijacked paypal account, and had budget tyres fitted.

My legal team will have a field day...

I just don't believe this story. There's no way a de-powered veg oil burner could catch up a steam roller.

Thank heavens you were in a 200D. Modern electronics could have caused serious interference with your pacemaker in the speed of the pursuit - you had a lucky escape.

I don't get it...the child seat was on the roof, and yet you still want to blame the garage for not fitting it properly. Grow up and take some responsibility for your stupidness.

A Doctor writes:- many people who have been abducted by aliens have this very same dream. Was the road roller pink in colour? No matter---- Its nothing that a short intensive course of electroconvulsive therapy can't cure. Nurse -- the electrodes if you please-----!

I hope you didn't buckle your AMG replica wheels.

Or scratch your recently 'detailed' paintwork.

You didn't happen to notice what size sprocket was on the end of the steering rod of the steam roller did you? I need a new one and am not sure which size gives the best steering wheel ratio.

You didn't happen to notice what size sprocket was on the end of the steering rod of the steam roller did you? I need a new one and am not sure which size gives the best steering wheel ratio.

I didn't, to be honest since I've had a new windscreen fitted that was not an OEM screen and does not have a little MB star in the corner I have had great difficulty seeing anything, my rain sensor no longer works either.

Not made in Germany by pure bred Aryans I might add, most distressing.

I see more work ahead for my crack leagal team...

If you had aftermarket HIDs he would have no doubt stayed behind you to avoid getting dazzled in his mirror.

Therefore it's all your fault.

If you had aftermarket HIDs he would have no doubt stayed behind you to avoid getting dazzled in his mirror.

Therefore it's all your fault.

Does that mean that the Maybach hire car is going to have to go back?

My whiplash claim?

Does that mean that the Maybach hire car is going to have to go back?

My whiplash claim?

Who sold you the illegal bulbs - It must be there fault. Where there's blame there's a claim....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom