Shocking insurance quotes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
Morning peeps.

today i got the 7 day complimentary cover sorted for the new car..

they offered a "complimentary" quote for 1 years insurance aswell

BLOODY HELL.

My quote from Privilege was over £4300 cheaper than their quote...

is this the premium for guaranteed Mercedes approved repairs?

The sales guy was very very good and informative, but I am shocked at the variance.. I mean sure, i understand competition and market fluctuations, but this is ridiculous!

Anyways, not long for the new car now! whoop whoop!

So the quote was £4300 MORE?!!! Jeez!! Teach you to buy that SLS!!! Ooops!! :D:D

By the way, the 450SL is amazing! For a 32 year old car, it goes really well, amazingly modern in it's feel! I'll post some pics soon! :)

So the quote was £4300 MORE?!!! Jeez!! Teach you to buy that SLS!!! Ooops!! :D:D

By the way, the 450SL is amazing! For a 32 year old car, it goes really well, amazingly modern in it's feel! I'll post some pics soon! :)

nice nice.. sorry we couldn't meet yday, was hoping u were in town when i called, but whats your plans for later this week?

Car insurance in the UK is a legal public rape. Period.

this quote was beyond rape!

Something in this country is Just not right.. pricing seems to be relative to the country we live in and not the costs involved with a product.

eg.. TFL. train tickets = £7.50/off peak travel card..

Anywhere else in the wold, and you would take off a zero and target prices would be nearer 75p, for a cleaner faster more efficient service..

CAR Tax, Congestion charging, Toll Roads, Fuel duty, I mean seriously, what is the point of car tax anymore...?

arghh

The week is a nightmare to be honest! A lot to do before the Russia trip sunday.

Actually, we'll be dropping the car off tomorrow afternoon, but should be stopping off at the Elstree "on the run" service station where we met a while back, wanna quick meet up there tomorrow?

One of the things I like in Russia is the cost of motoring! 40p a litre fuel, £50 insurance, £50 road tax....nice! :) And garage labour rates..... 500 rubles (£10) an hour! :) To be honest, if the costs were equivalent to UK, I'd not bother running a car there!

My quote from MB was £30 more than Sainsbury's. Admittedly only for an A Class.:)

I'm going through this right now.

Quotes for a C180 as a runabout are coming in at silly money. Aviva wanted £450. Sadly I used to insure my 300bhp Subaru for £500 so it's just daft.

I can get it down to £330 so far but still, given the age and lack of warp speed power its still rather steep.

m.

The week is a nightmare to be honest! A lot to do before the Russia trip sunday.

Actually, we'll be dropping the car off tomorrow afternoon, but should be stopping off at the Elstree "on the run" service station where we met a while back, wanna quick meet up there tomorrow?

defo!

My w204 is over £1000 dearer through MB!

Same here, getting quotes for my runaround a W-reg W202 C220CDi powerhouse so decided to try Aviva and Direct Line after reading how good they are on here for Mercs, stunned to get quoted from both over £700 :doh: FC, bearing in mind Ive just come from a group 20 Evo IX running 411BHP and was insured fully comp protected for £595 and the car is worth 7 times more, much more likely to be stolen and infinately more likely to be involved in a crash!

Aviva even had the cheek to ring 5 minutes later and ask what I thought of their £715 quote, to which I laughed and said it was a joke and excessively expensive (told them about previous car) he didn't say much after that except "err ok..bye!"

I think they are sponsored by Stella Artois:D

Morning peeps.

today i got the 7 day complimentary cover sorted for the new car..

they offered a "complimentary" quote for 1 years insurance aswell

BLOODY HELL.

My quote from Privilege was over £4300 cheaper than their quote...

is this the premium for guaranteed Mercedes approved repairs?

The sales guy was very very good and informative, but I am shocked at the variance.. I mean sure, i understand competition and market fluctuations, but this is ridiculous!

Anyways, not long for the new car now! whoop whoop!

How much did Privilege quote?

I also got 7 days free "drive away" insurance with Aviva. Their quote was £2800 more than I paid for Admiral.

this is a print screen dump from that quote..

crazyquote.jpg

!i love the bit with the 18.5% apr for monthly installments.. crazyyy

When I first got my XJ8 8 years ago... Jaguar Insurance quoted me £400 near enough and it was the best deal I could find. Many companies wouldn't insure it at all because the value was over £50K, but Direct Line did quote... £10,400.00!!!! No word of a lie or exaggeration.

When I suggested to the clerk (think that's the correct spelling) that he'd input something wrong, he insisted he hadn't. He also couldn't understand why I was laughing. His final words... "So would you like to go ahead with that then?".

Nothing surprises me any more in insurance. There's no logic to it whatsoever. It's no more certain than a lucky dip.

Regards,

this is a print screen dump from that quote..

crazyquote.jpg

And you don't even get an upgrade courtesy car for your £4900!!!! I'd expect a free S class for that!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom