Shocking Renewal Insurance Premium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kinaero

Car
E220CDI AMG SPORT Estate
£370! :D In the exclusive part of Manchester(Salford :eek: ), with no claim protection and aftermarket winter alloys premium loaded up.

I have never ever been quoted this cheap in my entire life !!

Well chuffed :bannana:

Can I ask who the insurer is?

£370! :D In the exclusive part of Manchester(Salford :eek: ), with no claim protection and aftermarket winter alloys premium loaded up.

Age ?

esure have just sent through the renewal for my Panda, £130! That's less than the tax disc.

Cheers,

Gaz

kinaero, have you used Esure before?

Wondered if it was a mega cheap insurer or whether insurance premiums have dropped this year. At 49, I guess you are in the 'low risk' category too.

Did you shop around or was it a renewal price?
Surprisingly, it was renewal price! But I went online to check with those compare sites anyway, cheapest was £600!!

Hope I don't get another letter saying it was a mistake :confused: That would totally ruin my day :doh:

I think I read recently that premiums have reduced generally. I'm in your (OP's) age bracket ;) and my renewal premium was lower this year (Admiral multicar).

What are your excesses? Difficult to compare premiums without knowing those.

Thanks

kinaero, have you used Esure before?

Wondered if it was a mega cheap insurer or whether insurance premiums have dropped this year. At 49, I guess you are in the 'low risk' category too.
I was with Esure a few years ago, then went to Sainsbury Insurance, and then back to Esure again last year, this will be my second year with them.

Yes age has definitely got something to do with it, but i assumed they calculated by age groups, i.e 40 - 45, 45 - 50 etc etc. I wasn't expecting a much drop this year, but I am expecting a big drop next year when I hit the big five O :(:D

I was with Esure a few years ago, then went to Sainsbury Insurance, and then back to Esure again last year, this will be my second year with them.

Yes age has definitely got something to do with it, but i assumed they calculated by age groups, i.e 40 - 45, 45 - 50 etc etc. I wasn't expecting a much drop this year, but I am expecting a big drop next year when I hit the big five O :(:D

Thanks, I will have to get a quote from Esure then this time.

Think I paid about £440 or so with LV for my premium - S320CDI, which I was quite pleased with.

Good luck with the big 5-0 later, at least it should give even cheaper insurance :)

I think I read recently that premiums have reduced generally. I'm in your (OP's) age bracket ;) and my renewal premium was lower this year (Admiral multicar).

What are your excesses? Difficult to compare premiums without knowing those.

Thanks
£250 Voluntary vehicle damage , £150 compulsary vehicle damage, £400 in total

Thanks, I will have to get a quote from Esure then this time.

Think I paid about £440 or so with LV for my premium - S320CDI, which I was quite pleased with.

Good luck with the big 5-0 later, at least it should give even cheaper insurance :)
LV always quoted me big premium, may be they don't like where I live??

Let me know how you get on with Esure though :thumb:

LV always quoted me big premium, may be they don't like where I live??

Let me know how you get on with Esure though :thumb:

Yes, that sounds quite possible. :dk:

Will try Esure once I find my old premium details for all the boxes...excess etc.

Have you ever had to claim from Esure? If so, what was their service like?

Yes, that sounds quite possible. :dk:

Will try Esure once I find my old premium details for all the boxes...excess etc.

Have you ever had to claim from Esure? If so, what was their service like?
Hope I don't jinxed myself for saying this, not had an accident for donkey's years (probably 25years), so i have no idea what they are like should there be a claim ??

TOUCH WOOD! TOUCH WOOD! :crazy:

Last edited:
Due to renew end of this month. £312 renewal with Direct Line, NCD protected, common or garden part of South Yorkshire, 50 something driver, last (and only) accident in 1994.

Looked at a screen scraper and got £233, £239, £240, all with big names.

Saga was rubbish, even though they were best for my GTI. Worst was Santander £1051, DriveLikeAGirl £1631 and Acorn £10834. No, Acorn isn't a typo, it really was £10k+

I might try MB for a laugh. When I bought the car the cover looked good, but the price was a hoot.

Ouch :D

I was very surprised how much the insurance was for my SL55, I was that surprised I phoned them up to confirm the online quote and they went through all my details and they gave me an even lower price, fully comp, okay limited to 6k miles a year, but only £230 :bannana:
My Renault Espace Diesel £209 :dk:

My Admiral renewal was pretty impressive this year too! £400 for both SLK and Toyota. Bit less than last year. Good news for a change!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom