shopping = Dent :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My wife caught a car when entering the space in a supermarket car park :wallbash:, she waited for the driver to return and they exchanged details. She left it with the insurance company to sort out, that's what they're there for, isn't it. :confused:
I didn't want to go the insurance route for a little ding costing £150. Excess is more than that.

People should park in disabled spaces at diy stores.
If you're disabled enough to need a badge do you need to shop at a diy store...?
So disabled people are what? Useless? What a bigoted comment

If you're disabled enough to need a badge do you need to shop at a diy store...?

What grossly ignorant, uneducated and selfish comment to make.

My father has a disabled badge for very good reason but still enjoys what little time he has left making furniture in his workshop. He needs to visit DIY stores and all others, just the same as any able bodied person - except he is physically incapable of walking as far.

It's thanks to people with your selfish attitude that his and many others lives are made worse! Something I imagine you clearly won't care about.

What a shame.

Lol it was a joke. Esp' as I have a limb missing. ;)
Lost a bit of leg in the early 90's. Don't need a badge personally though.
Lighten up guys.

Last edited:

Oddly enough our kitchen was fully fitted by a man with one eye and one leg..bravo those that soldier on ;)

Lol it was a joke. Esp' as I have a limb missing. ;)
Lost a bit of leg in the early 90's. Don't need a badge personally though.
Lighten up guys.

Oddly enough our kitchen was fully fitted by a man with one eye and one leg..bravo those that soldier on ;)

Exactly. See post above as well before I get too many haters lol. ^^

Avoid:
  • near the recycling bins
  • near the delivery lorry lane
  • near the trolley sheds
  • near the MPVs
  • near the corsas
  • near the 206ccs
  • 17:00 - 19:00
doesn't leave too many spaces.....

Well it had to happen sometime, go shopping come back to car, to find a lovely dent on passenger door:devil: Great.

Hey buddy,

Listen, if the dent has not damaged the paint, seek out a PDR guy (Paintless Dent Repair).

You can often get dents of all sorts worked out.
You'd be surprised what sort of dents can be removed by way of PDR! :eek:

Type in "PDR repair" in youtube and have a look.

For example:

YouTube - M3 BMW PDR Dent Repair Training Tutorial / Paintless Dent Removal PDR San Diego - Dent Time

:thumb:

Sorry to hear about the car, it ruins your day!

Just as a pre-warning to those, who like me prefer to park over the back and use two space's. I went to our local ASDA's on a quiet Wednesday lunch time, did the usual (using two spaces) and came back to find a fine on my window. The car park (and I would imagine it's not the only one) is run by town and country parking (be warned from my experience these people are close to being crooks!) and apparently despite the fact that there were 100 + parking spaces free closer than the ones I'd use I'd parked obstructively and owed them £60. I'm still fighting it at the moment but it's a hassle no one needs.

Make sure you check any parking restrictions on display before you park. (Oh and make sure there isn't some 2 brain celled jobsworth walking around in a yellow jacket!)

aaw thats terrible Dave.
I must admit i try and park out of harm's way myself.... in fact usually drag one of the kids along just so i can use the parent toddler spaces at asda....:thumb:

aaw thats terrible Dave.
I must admit i try and park out of harm's way myself.... in fact usually drag one of the kids along just so i can use the parent toddler spaces at asda....:thumb:

Have you got a car seat in the car? If you have, then you can always use the parent toddler space.

Just give dent man £20 and move on with your life

Avoid:
  • near the recycling bins
  • near the delivery lorry lane
  • near the trolley sheds
  • near the MPVs
  • near the corsas
  • near the 206ccs
  • 17:00 - 19:00
doesn't leave too many spaces.....
Or do your shopping online & let sainsburys/tesco/asda/ocado deliver it for you,no problems finding a suitable car parking space or worries about your car being damaged while you shop then:D;)

Have you got a car seat in the car? If you have, then you can always use the parent toddler space.

lol Papillo; yeah have the car seat; though an actual bitching and moaning brat does lend a bit more 'street cred' when parking in there :)

Most dents can be removed for about £60, saw it done at a car show, very impressive skills. You need to find a garage or service which have the right tools, like long sprung steel rods. They then push the dent out from the inside.

Very cool when you see it done, and when done well, well worth the £60.

Sorry to hear about the car, it ruins your day!

Just as a pre-warning to those, who like me prefer to park over the back and use two space's. I went to our local ASDA's on a quiet Wednesday lunch time, did the usual (using two spaces) and came back to find a fine on my window. The car park (and I would imagine it's not the only one) is run by town and country parking (be warned from my experience these people are close to being crooks!) and apparently despite the fact that there were 100 + parking spaces free closer than the ones I'd use I'd parked obstructively and owed them £60. I'm still fighting it at the moment but it's a hassle no one needs.

Make sure you check any parking restrictions on display before you park. (Oh and make sure there isn't some 2 brain celled jobsworth walking around in a yellow jacket!)

Whilst I don't agree with what you did , these 'fines' are completely unenforceable . Save yourself the stress and just throw it in the bin .

They will try to harass you for a while , but nothing they can do .

Well it had to happen sometime, go shopping come back to car, to find a lovely dent on passenger door:devil: Great.
i hate supermarket car parks. Tescos always seem to be the worst

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom