Shopping trip bonus - stumbled on a street rod GTG!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S205 C300
Pulled in to the retail park in Bracknell this morning and found some sort of GTG for street rods (?) in progress! Some fabulous cars, unfortunately I only had my phone so pics. are not brilliant but you get the idea. Baby BTB was ecstatic, particularly when they started firing up one by one and moving off ... you simply cannot beat a huge V8 with minimal silencing :D

The blue & white saloon (Chevvy I think?) looked like a serious bit of kit and I guess was no stranger to the drag strip - rear wheels like road rollers!

pic01.jpg

pic02.jpg

pic03.jpg

pic04.jpg

pic05.jpg

pic06.jpg

pic07.jpg

pic08.jpg

pic09.jpg

pic10.jpg

pic11.jpg

pic12.jpg

pic13.jpg

I noticed several had no front number plate ... not sure how they get away with that?

Nearly all of them were immaculate but the purply/black car with yellow/green flames was absolutely stunning; a real concours winner.

The cars that look beige were actually bright yellow - wish I'd had a decent camera with me :(

Great looking cars!

Quite often they would remove the plates, change wheels etc.. once they get to the meet.

Wonder how they get away with the exposed wheels, as well?

Demountable arches / cycle mudguards??

Fantastic pics from a mobile - think one of those cars used to be my company car a while ago!:eek:

you get away with no front plate and open wheels by being lucky and carrying them inside the car or in your mates car who's following you, accepting you might get told off or ticketed, some of em will take em off after they arrive at a meet, but most plod are happy to let serious rods get away with a bit more than a chav in a hot hatch with the wrong letters on his plate just cos generally a rodder is percieved as being better behaved and more responsible and less likely to be a nusiance to anyone.

Thanks for posting - I love these cars - so much character :rock:

Thanks Bill, great photo's. I noticed the Son and Heir was getting very excited,

Wonder how they get away with the exposed wheels, as well?

And the unsilenced V8s ...

Don't get me wrong, I love these cars. I just hope that plod gives them the leeway they need!

Brilliant!
That red deuce coupe is soooooooooooo nice!

I noticed the Son and Heir was getting very excited,
Yup he thought they were fantastic ... had to keep holding him back!

And the unsilenced V8s ...

Don't get me wrong, I love these cars. I just hope that plod gives them the leeway they need!
Think it's as popuptoaster said. These cars were immaculate and being driven considerately (no burnouts in front of Halfords etc.), so I would like to think some discretion is exercised.

The purple with flames rod is a Victoria, 1933 or 34, rare as hens teeth, unless someone has started making grp bodies.
I'd love one.
:)

I love the magenta/gold one ....

Really nice !

Nice pics.

Bet they were pleased it had rained :D
Amazing they can't organise a better place for a GTG.... :confused:

Stunning cars. I have always held in high regard the people who do this. It is not a cheap hobby and some of the skill required is mind boggling.

Brilliant pics - is that some fuel syphoning being attempted next to the powder blue Chevy ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom