Short 5 Digit Front Number Plates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darling

Car
C63 Estate / W205
Hi Guys,

here's a question which I'm sure has been asked before - i have a 5 digit personnel plate that i will transfer onto my C63 W205, on m previous car i bought a shorted plate which aesthetically looked better with the 5 digits, the plate was legal spaced and was all above board.

How ever the front plinth on the 63 is massive and will only hold a full size plate, if i put a shorter plate in it shows all the fixing point.

any ideas or places to buy a short plinth.

regds

D.

You may find when you remove the long plinth there will be screw holes which will be exposed when you fit the shorter plinth.

Therefore you’ll need to fill those and go to a bodyshop. Are you sure it’s worth the faff?

P.S not sure a shortened plate is still technically legal.

Short plates are legal as long as the letters are standard size along with all the gaps between them and around them, body shop is an option but no what I'd rather do, lets see if others have had any other results.

D.

Short plates are legal as long as the letters are standard size along with all the gaps between them and around them, body shop is an option but no what I'd rather do, lets see if others have had any other results.

D.

3-4 years ago I went to get a tyre changed at ATS or one of the other national franchises and the chap said that my shortened plate would be illegal even though it had the correct font and spacing. I disagree and am of the same opinion as yours. Never looked it up tbh.

How many fixing points are visible? If you don't want to go to a bodyshop, could you not bung them and spray the bungs yourself to match? Would not be invisible but would take your eye off it. Or you want a perfect finish?

The shorter plates are legal in the UK as already stated as long as font, font size and spacing complies to the regulations.

Last year photo, the fogs are now back to OEM look with DRL function:

34559757583_971635bd93_o.jpg

The shorter plates are legal in the UK as already stated as long as font, font size and spacing complies to the regulations.
https://assets.publishing.service.g...le-registration-numbers-and-number-plates.pdf

I had a plate made to the legal requirements on my old car, looked ace and never had a problem with th fuzz or mot testing station (local garages)
But on a a few occasions large business who are in the business of ripping innocent people off tried to scare me into paying out for a new set.
Which I then pointed out they were legal.

If you have a short number and a full size plate has been on the car previously, then I found the simplest way to mount it was to flip the original large plate (assuming it has a satin black reverse side) and mount the shorter plate to that. Expense....err...zero....result....sorted!DSC01094.jpg

https://assets.publishing.service.g...le-registration-numbers-and-number-plates.pdf

I had a plate made to the legal requirements on my old car, looked ace and never had a problem with th fuzz or mot testing station (local garages)
But on a a few occasions large business who are in the business of ripping innocent people off tried to scare me into paying out for a new set.
Which I then pointed out they were legal.
Which large businesses?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom