Short run/GTG Preston, Lancs Sun 21/8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
In celebration of SuzyCute's new acquisition we are going to meet up with Lisa110rry in her own SLK for a short blast up the M6 then a bite of lunch at Barton Grange.

If you want to join us, we are meeting at Bamber Bridge B&Q 12:00 (High Noon!) this Sunday - Lisa said you cannot miss her bright green SLK!

IMG_9029.jpg

You should have joined us we are having a breakfast run in Derbyshire on the 21st see the thread

You should have joined us we are having a breakfast run in Derbyshire on the 21st see the thread

Did take a look at that Ian, but only have part of the day free :)

Hope to bump into you again some time :thumb:

Did take a look at that Ian, but only have part of the day free :)

Hope to bump into you again some time :thumb:

Yep catch up again soon mate I met Lisa at the Warrington meet a lovely lady. Enjoy your day. Love to Suzie Cute and congrats on the new car

Will pop along to the meet but have a previous that precludes the meal. Be good to meet up again. Could well be on Shanks's Pony as my Jelly Mold stands no chance against two wonderful SLKs. My Mercedes is on SORN due to not using it that much.

If only you had chosen a different day, would have liked to meet you !

I'll be there. Fancy being my wingman Trapper? My husband is away this weekend at an event held by a Society of which he is a member and in any case we had lunch at Barton Grange garden centre last Sunday, so I have an empty seat! I could do it every day as I love their poached salmon and creme fraiche sandwiches!

edited to add: Oh, you can't can you? You will need to leave before lunch.

Last edited:
I'll be there. Fancy being my wingman Trapper? My husband is away this weekend at an event held by a Society of which he is a member and in any case we had lunch at Barton Grange garden centre last Sunday, so I have an empty seat! I could do it every day as I love their poached salmon and creme fraiche sandwiches!

edited to add: Oh, you can't can you? You will need to leave before lunch.

That is the best offer you will get this year John! lol

Maybe we will meet one day. You take Motorhomes at your place?

Sorry - we're statics only...

Well I now know what I suspect many of you have known for quite some time: Gollum and his Mrs., SusieCute, are very fine people and all around good eggs! I also know that SusieCute has a 'need for speed' that makes my hair curl and scares the 'wee wee' out of me!!!

This is how it went...

I pulled into the B&Q car park early as it's an enormous expanse and I knew that if I got there first I would be a default 'locator beacon' for Trapper John and Gollom and SusieCute, and so I parked in the middle of a deserted area and just glowed quietly. It worked! Trapper arrived next and we got out of our cars and after I had worked out that when Trapper asked me if I "felt a change coming on" he was complimenting my car by suggesting he would like to own it, rather than asking me if I was experiencing symptoms of menopause, and we had laughed about this, up zoomed a black SLK, as cute as a bug in a rug! We compared notes a bit, my that car is smart, much smarter than the green meanie with really nice wheels in very good condition - everything about it is a notch up from Greenie and I shall have to take the bull by the horns and set about getting some of my 'to do' list 'to-done'!

Greenie was being exceptionally impolite in company and flatly refused to open her boot so that I could get microfibres drying cloths out preparatory to a 'drop the top' race. Bad Greenie. We relied on serviette so and little bits of cloth and the race was on! Greenie won, but only by default as Black Magic's boot wasn't properly closed!

We then set off for Barton Grange Garden Centre up the Preston Bypass! I've never driven Greenie so fast! (Though I can understand Sue's desire to put her foot down, I simply cannot fathom why every other car on the road didn't simply pull over, if only because they were laughing so hard at my Noddy car!). Sue's car really looked the business!

On arrival we had a 'top up' race which was comprehensively won by Sue -honours even, though I suspect Sue would win both ways had her boot not been slightly open earlier.

We had a lovely lunch outdoors by the babbling R. Wyre and discovered so many things we have in common. Husbands with an interest in ecclesiastical architecture, birthdays on consecutive days (though separated by many years, Sue is much younger than me), only sons and a partiality to classics of the auto world.

We really had other things to be doing though, so we wandered through the garden centre and farm shop swiftly and back to the cars.

We made a stately journey down the A6 to Preston where I had to peel off to go south over the river.

Lovely day, lovely people!

Let's do it again sometime, perhaps a little outing through the Trough of Bowland on a sunny day and a picnic?

Regards, Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom