Shorter number plate holder for W204?

Discussion in 'Bodywork' started by Revvd, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Revvd

Revvd Active Member

Car:
    C63 Coupe
    Hi all,

Is there such a thing as a shorter front number plate holder for the W204 coupe? Standard one being circa 20" long. Looking for one about 16" to accommodate a shortened plate.

Anybody know where I could get one?

Cheers

2. Jkh112

Jkh112 Member

Car:
    E350 bluetec estate
    I looked for one to go on my car but could not find one for sale. eBay have them at 460mm long (18 inches)' just search for short number plate holder.
    In the end I went without a holder and stuck mine on the rear covering the mounting holes.

3. daveenty

daveenty Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W213 E63s
    I cut one down to use with a little cutting disc on a Dremel. Also cut the plate down to fit it, chamfering all the edges, put it all together and it looked reasonable.

Until I put it on the car. It just looked awful and I think the way to go it either standard or plate only without holder.

4. tonyg1987

tonyg1987 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLS63AMG, C63AMG Gone but not forgotten
    I just stuck the front ones on without the holder when i had a new bumper put on. as for the rears the shorter plates still cover the holes. heres a few pics

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017