Should I avoid dealer Diamondbrite free paint protection?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PenelopePitstop

Car
Was SLK55 2014, Audi A8
I ordered new car and noticed that Bodycare Premium was thrown in for free. I checked dealer website (Jardins) and it's Diamondbrite by Jewelultra.

When I bought last used car, dealer thrown in Supagard or whatever Mercedes is offering as standard and I doubt it was ever applied because car was awfully dirty and had tar in many places so no one even bothered to clean it properly. I spent whole weekend cleaning it.

I was thinking about going for new car paint protection with one of our forum recommended detailers and apply Gtechniq. It worked pretty well on my C63.

Should I tell dealer to not touch the car at all and just leave it as it is? It will be parked somewhere for about 2,5 month as it's already in stock but I'm not collecting it until end of September which is deadline for registering it.

I didn't do any paint protection on my current car and it's absolutely awful - black Audi.

Personally I would tell them not to touch. In my experience, car dealerships and dirty brushes don't miss well with paintwork. I'd tell them to not even wash it, and get your detailed to do it. Enjoy your new car!

I agree with Bobby Dazzler. I never let them clean mine when its serviced, its 2 years old now and no swirl marks yet.

As Bobby said, I got my car with Stargard (free) and wished I hadn't bothered, the Bonnet was Mar/Swirl World. :eek: And I suspect that as the rest of the Paintwork was unmarked they only did the Bonnet!:wallbash:

Gtechniq Detailing sorted it out! :thumb:

I think MB applied something to interior because I couldn't get rid off the smell of it for some time but I doubt they touched exterior.

I will contact Ed from Divine D. and Michael from Gemclean. Second one is probably going to be quite expensive.

It might be worth considering a clear wrap. My CL had a 3M clear wrap applied throughout its life. It was expensive £1200 for the entire front , bonnet and wings the car looks like new

I don't know how long I'm going to keep the car, so don't want to invest too much in it. Got a quote for paint protection. It wasn't as expensive as I feared.

I agree with the above - the less the dealer does the better, in 20 minutes round the back of the shiny showroom they can cause hundreds of pounds worth of damage

Ask them to just take the plastic off and leave it for your detailer to treat properly.

I can't recommend Ed At Divine highly enough. He has done my CL 216 Biturbo and a recently purchased Brabus Smart car. Fantastic work and such attention to detail. He uses the Kamikaze product which is amazing.

What car have you chosen op?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom