Should I be Worried Valeo Radiator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy67

Car
CLK 270 CDI Avantgarde
I have a CLK 270 CDI W209 its now done 90000 today and last serviced at 87000.
Was checking to see which radiator is fitted and saw its a Valeo Radiator.

Lable : RA 1032 ,,, 848695M F,,, 20350007Q3 made in poland 02/12/02

So Bell's are ringing now,, But car run's fine, has no jerky transmission problems, and the radiator does not have the Old crimping fitting to the Radiator.

My Vin is 2093162F

Reading on here about the problems that can happin with this Radiator,

Did they Mod the Radiator to stop the problems they had or am I just very Lucky that It has no Problems...

Also I have the W.I.S system on pc, will this tell me if this Valeo radiator is not affected..

what's the model year of your car (or better if you know factory date)? Troubles ceased 9/2003, mod was started then. Usually all bad valeos are already done their glyckol/tranny oil trick.

mercs can be "high maintenance" - if you want "low maintenance" get a honda, toyota or mitsubishi - hardly the same though!

Valeo radiator

I have a 2003 270cdi clk with 86000 on the clock it has a valeo radiator and guess what my gearbox has gone completely, had a gylcol test and came back positive, just been quoted £2700 for recon box and new rad, will look elsewhere seems to much. The car was running fine until one day it decided to give up.

A full gearbox re-build is about£1500- £1800 inc labour to remove.

A radiator fitted is roughly £300.

Its possible your radiator has already been replaced or was manufactured post the factory fitting of the effected batch. However the consequences of getting it wrong are very expensive. If the car had a MB service history for a few years while it was younger there might be a record of its replacement. Worth asking your MB dealer.

I have a 03 270 w122. How do I find out what radiator I have ??

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

you could check to see if you've go a valeo radiator,

if you have, look to see if it's a modified one by reading these two pages

Attachments

• valeo-rad 1.jpg
    valeo-rad 1.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 187
  • valeo-rad 2.jpg
    valeo-rad 2.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 171
I have 3 off these lined up, two w211 and one w220 don't think for a minute that all these cars have already had the issue and have been repaired.

Read this and had to run out and check .thank god radiator has BEHR written across it. Mines a 2001 e220 facelift so I presume it must have been replaced by previous owner.

Can somebody post the crimping photos / PDFs

I think I have the valeo, but need to find out sooner rather than later.

Cheers

Mission on. Looks like I have the valeo

Who's doing good deals on radiators. DIY on the cards

Europarts only list the valeo and frigair replacements for my model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom