Should I buy a 2010 C250 with 91K on the clock?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I just think it sounds a bit expensive.
Are you looking at a saloon?
You know; that is the conclusion I have arrived at today!
Nothing like a night's sleep to clear the mind and moderate 'Buyer's enthusiasm'!
-Estate version, to answer your query.

If it were £11,800, say, not £12,750; then I'd feel more comfortable.

I have also latched on to the lease car idea of yours. Inspired!
I'm going to do some number 'crunching' on an Excel Spreadsheet this afternoon, and see what the 3 year figures work out to be: Lease deal verses depreciation.

Question: Do lease cars only become discounted with numerous "Deal-of-the-week" offers at the end of a quarter? Or are there a few deals about at the end of each month too, typically?

Robert

What I meant about "orphan injectors" was the following as I understand it.
The first design of piezo injectors failed on the OM651 on a regular basis not so much if as when and due to replacement problems some cars were off the road for weeks awaiting replacements. On that limited supply basis there was a period where only faulty injectors were replaced as and when. Eventually a more reliable piezo injector became more widely available and most effected cars got all their injectors replaced under warranty. You might think that would be the end of the problem but no!--- about a year ?? ago all cars under warranty got their entire injection system changed to the solenoid type with injectors/ecu/loom/ fuel pipes replaced FOC ----- this brought them into line with the latest cars rolling of the production line which came solenoid equipped. [ this does pose the question why this was necessary if the the new "improved" piezo injectors had truly sorted the reliability problem?:dk:] Unfortunately piezo equiped cars that were now out of manufacturer warranty did not appear to be eligible for this comprehensive upgrade. Any existing Piezo injector cars were merely repaired by individual "like for like" piezo injector replacement should one become faulty. I imagine because these cars are now out of warranty these injectors would come under the category of "goodwill" repairs where a full main dealer service history and no of owners might be the governing factor as to how much MB might be prepared to foot the bill on a 3 year old plus car without an extended warranty?

Last edited:
Do you think so? do most second hand buyers want bigger engines these days? I would have thought the market for a smaller more economical version is greater - although there are significantly more available so maybe supply and demand?

Ian

I think when it comes to 6-7 year old Mercs a well specced 350cdi will always command a premium over the 220cdi.

If the C220 was £11,000 and the C350 was £16000, as is the case normally, then I don't think that £5000 difference would be there in 3 years time.
But to pay nearly £13,000 for the 220 when the 350 could be had for only £1500 more, and with 50k miles on it compared with 92k, I do think the 350 would be far cheaper overall.

In 3 years time that 220cdi will be about £5k trade in tops as it will go to auction with 120k miles on it and 7 years old, the 350cdi with 80k miles will still get good trade bids, and I reckon it will be worth £3k more.

I think when it comes to 6-7 year old Mercs a well specced 350cdi will always command a premium over the 220cdi.

If the C220 was £11,000 and the C350 was £16000, as is the case normally, then I don't think that £5000 difference would be there in 3 years time.
But to pay nearly £13,000 for the 220 when the 350 could be had for only £1500 more, and with 50k miles on it compared with 92k, I do think the 350 would be far cheaper overall.

In 3 years time that 220cdi will be about £5k trade in tops as it will go to auction with 120k miles on it and 7 years old, the 350cdi with 80k miles will still get good trade bids, and I reckon it will be worth £3k more.

I agree with you, the price gap will reduce as the cars get older.
What I don't understand is why the 350CDi would have less miles on it? If you are comparing cars then the mileage needs to be the same.

Good point all the same. I'll 'crunch some numbers on the C350 too.

By complete coincidence a friend of mine is coming to the end of his lease agreement this month. It's a C350 with a few extras, but broadly 'plain vanilla', like so many lease company cars. 3 yrs old.

I don't know what MB Finance would say if we asked for a Bid price. Parkers has the price at around £14,400 to £15K. There's a £3k premium straight off.

Cheers,
Robert
PS. I've turned down the original C250 that started this post. Too expensive :)

I agree with you, the price gap will reduce as the cars get older.
What I don't understand is why the 350CDi would have less miles on it? If you are comparing cars then the mileage needs to be the same.

Not really, the fact that the 350 is only a little more, and has half the mileage is just a bonus.
The 350cdi was £3000 more new, so makes it even more of a bargain.

I was only looking on the Mercedes site, they won't have cars with 100,000 miles on them on there.

For what its worth I was looking after a 4year old 250cdi with 200k on it and still drove like new. It had the fuel system upgrade done under warranty and never skipped a beat until.......
It got stolen

Offer £14500 for this....

There is also a £750 deposit contribution at the moment on all C Class saloons and estates, so that would bring it down to £13750.

Approved Used 2009 MERCEDES-BENZ C350 CDI for sale

Thanks for that :)

I need an estate, which I believe are around £500 more than the saloon

Thanks,
Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom