Should I buy a C36 as a daily - Discuss :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
alright,

I keep faffing about with engine swaps, body kits etc etc when I think I should just buy a proper one. But is a C36 dooable as a daily ? 15k miles a year ? Reliability and juice wise (current car CLK320 getting 28 mpg)

anyone thinking of selling one around the 2.5k mark as well ????

cheers

brett

Save up 1k more and buy a E/CLK55 is what I'd do.

Your 15k pa, is that motorway or town or mixed?

These AMG's are quite decent on a cruise but around town munch through fuel.

If the C36 does 25mpg then thats an extra 60 gallons or so over 15k. Not a lot really in the great scheme of running costs.

Great car, loves to be revved and it has the better bodykit than the C43 IMHO.

Don't know what it was like on fuel though, I just put more in when it needed it...

lovely cars, nice drive, but they are ageing now and may cost a bit to get it mechanically perfect again.

Also fuel wise its not much better than my E55!

Great car, loves to be revved and it has the better bodykit than the C43 IMHO.

Don't know what it was like on fuel though, I just put more in when it needed it...

I'm pretty much the same but I'm liking getting 330 miles on a tank !

More bothered about the reliabilty really

The 55 is appealing and probably could get one for the same dosh but I just prefer the revvy nature of the 6

So anyone selling ???

Shouldn't be a problem, but fuel bills are something best not thought about with an AMG

Sorry, but if you're having to consider fuel costs then you'd probably be best sticking to something more econical. On top offuel there is obviously tyres and servicing, not to mention anti oxident costs........

Sorry, but if you're having to consider fuel costs then you'd probably be best sticking to something more econical. On top offuel there is obviously tyres and servicing, not to mention anti oxident costs........

MPG is not a major concern - more of a concern is "miles per tank" - i can just about get away with filling up once a week in the CLK, I would not be bothered about putting more cash money in every week as whats an extra tenner or so but if I was having to fill up every 5 days or so this is more irksome !

Anyway my daily commute is this:
4 miles of twisty country lanes where I open out a bit - 40 - 60 mph
12 miles of motorway where I plod along at 60 mph
4 miles of stop start town driving coupled with going over 50 plus speedhumps !

Then the same on the way home.

As a general rule with most cars ive had this generally gets me round and abouts the "combined" manufacturers mpg figure

Basically im completely happy with the CLK but im missing out not being able to take the kids to school every now and again so really need 4 doors

Other random alternatives to a C36 are these (just examples not buyers as such)

2001 BMW 530I SPORT BLACK AUTO | eBay

or keeping it in the family

MERCEDES C320 ELEGANCE AUTOMATIC SALOON | eBay

I have traditionally always bought "sport" models but I dont know nowadays as I find it rather hard work going over all the speed humps !!

Thoughts ??

The BMW e39 530i auto was a fantastic car, find the correct one and i'm sure you will be happy. The engine and box on my 528i was soo smooth.

The BMW e39 530i auto was a fantastic car, find the correct one and i'm sure you will be happy. The engine and box on my 528i was soo smooth.

Is not an AMG is it.

Fuel cost is not going to drop, the only way is up. So get it if you can afford it.

However buying a 15 years+ old cars, bills are to be expected. The only way you might get away with bills is to be a car whore. Buy it, have your fun and sale it a few months down the line.

to the OP:

Of course you should, thread solved, next topic please :D

So as it turns out I have not bought a C36, ive bought this instead

1_zps8008ba9d.jpg

A 230K with low miles, C36 Kit, wheels and exhaust. Poverty Spec but Hey Ho.

But the main reason for buying see pic below

2_zpsbc0585fe.jpg

1200 quid , cant grumble at that :)

Brett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom