Should I buy? C320 CDI -09, opinions please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gromitswe

Car
Volvo ;)
Hello!
This is my first post here, I would need some help. I've never owned a MB before but always wanted one. I was scrolling through a Buy/Sell site here in Sweden and found a C320 CDI (W204) with automatic transmission.

The mileage is aprox: 125000miles/200000km and it's from 2009..

It has amg-package and the usual equipment, nice red leather interior, navigation, bluetooth and so on..
My biggest concern is about the transmission. The owner couldn't find any service history of an oil change on the trans. Could it be dead in the next week?!
eek.gif

And the engine? Has it been rolling too far?
confused.gif

Is this something to worry about?

He wants £8 530/100000SEK for it.

Is he asking too much for it? Or is it a go? I could change the oil by myself later on.

Here's a pic of the car
smile.gif

8560097920_b816b3691e0ecdf0f6afd045c3dc6d9692929f81.jpg

Thanks in advance!
smile.gif

If it has been serviced ( engine etc ) and there is service history ( except gearbox ) then the mileage should not be a problem. If the gearbox seems ok and it drives smoothly then I would buy it and then immediately have the gearbox fluid and filter changed, think it unlikely to die just because the g/box not been serviced.
Even if the changes are not smooth then probably the worst thing would be the need to replace the conductor plate which is under £1000 cost in the uk.
No idea if the price in Sweden is good or not but go and drive it

If it has been serviced ( engine etc ) and there is service history ( except gearbox ) then the mileage should not be a problem. If the gearbox seems ok and it drives smoothly then I would buy it and then immediately have the gearbox fluid and filter changed, think it unlikely to die just because the g/box not been serviced.
Even if the changes are not smooth then probably the worst thing would be the need to replace the conductor plate which is under £1000 cost in the uk.
No idea if the price in Sweden is good or not but go and drive it

Yeah, he tells me that it got a good service history. Okay, I will probably go and take a test drive :)

Another question.
The service book? Is there no physical version of it? Or is it just online? :eek:

Think might be on- line, you can check with the local MB dealership

I ran a 09 C320 for 6 1/2 years , it’s a cracking car and you won’t be disappointed.
Service history is electronic with no book on this model.
Gearbox oil should be done every 40 k , if it’s got a full service history I would be surprised if gearbox hasn’t been done at some point in its life as it’s not massively expensive.
As for price , it’s difficult to say with out knowing the Swedish Market but in the Uk the car would be worth about £6500 - £7000 max if fully loaded and in good condition.

I ran a 09 C320 for 6 1/2 years , it’s a cracking car and you won’t be disappointed.
Service history is electronic with no book on this model.
Gearbox oil should be done every 40 k , if it’s got a full service history I would be surprised if gearbox hasn’t been done at some point in its life as it’s not massively expensive.
As for price , it’s difficult to say with out knowing the Swedish Market but in the Uk the car would be worth about £6500 - £7000 max if fully loaded and in good condition.
Thanks for you input!
Yes, a friend of mine works at the local MB dealership so he can check the service history :)

Okay, there are not many of just these models for sale right now in Sweden so it's hard to compare. But if we compare with the UK market, then this is a little high maybe?

Btw, do you need to contact your local MB dealer to check the service history? Or can you do it by yourself in another way? :)

Yes I think it is a little high, Mine was fully loaded with Fsh and 108000 miles when I traded it in. It ended up at an independent garage with a sticker price of £6990. This was in January.
I think you have to ring an mb garage, although if it’s been serviced at an indie, they may not of updated the electronic history.

My 2009 W211 started costing me money at 9 years old.

Yes I think it is a little high, Mine was fully loaded with Fsh and 108000 miles when I traded it in. It ended up at an independent garage with a sticker price of £6990. This was in January.
I think you have to ring an mb garage, although if it’s been serviced at an indie, they may not of updated the electronic history.
Yes, I should maybe skip this one... Yea that's a quiet difference on the price, specially compared to the options.

I wouldnt pay 8.5 for that in the UK. You may be able to tell if the gearbox oil has been changed if your dipstick plug is red.

I wouldnt pay 8.5 for that in the UK. You may be able to tell if the gearbox oil has been changed if your dipstick plug is red.
I'm thinking about it.. There is no dipstick on the 7G (722.9)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom