Should I buy the new C Class Coupe?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Could someone look at the link and confirm what I think that they are chucking in Command free?

cheers

From working in the automotive advertising game, from what I can see if they were to charge extra for it there should be a *next to the spec stating that there would be an extra charge for that particular option.

That is what i was thinking. They mention it in the spec as if it is standard?

Not found any other Merc dealers with this on their advertising.

Typo?

I have sent them an email. Let's see what they say.

Would Brooklands Merc match the offer? (they are close to me)

For me ... get the basics right, then add on the frills until you run out of budget.

Basics :

Engine
Transmission
Suspension

The 3 engines to look at are the 220CDI, 250CDI and the 350CGI. There is a lot of difference between them, but for me the sweet spot between power, perfomance and economy was the 250. After 8,000 miles, it is delivering on all 3 counts. However, it is a noisy engine when cold, accellerating or starting up (i.e. when Start/Stop is active).

The auto transmission is generally superb (see my other posts on this) and pretty much the default for this car. I think you will be lucky to find a manual example to test drive.

The standand suspension is pretty decent, but is a compromise between comfort and ability. The "Dynamic Handling Package" gives a softer ride in comfort mode, and comes with a switch which remaps the engine and stiffens the suspension when active, making the car respond faster and feel more capable - well worth the £575 asking price IMO.

I would have added wheel size to this list as well, but unfortunately the Coupe is only available with 18" alloys. It feels like it would suit bigger wheels, but I guess this would have other implications.

Frills :

Everything else :)

As for COMAND - I have it as part of the Edition 125 pack - and frankly I would take Garmin for navigation over COMAND any day of the week. COMAND is poor and underfeatured in comparison - the routing logic is rubbish, has no speed cam support, no customisation (i.e. voice), the UI is clunky and frustrating, the display can be cluttered and distracting, especially when the lane guide flashes up.. I could go on. Basically, the ONLY reason for getting it would be the bigger screen and because OEM always looks better than sucker marks on the windscreen.

Could someone look at the link and confirm what I think that they are chucking in Command free?

cheers

It could just be a bit of a mis-type.

If it is a genuine mistake, they are not 'legally' obliged to offer the car with COMAND.

It'll be interesting to see what their reply is.

It could just be a bit of a mis-type.

If it is a genuine mistake, they are not 'legally' obliged to offer the car with COMAND.

It'll be interesting to see what their reply is.

I will let you guys know what they say tomorrow.

For me ... get the basics right, then add on the frills until you run out of budget.

Basics :

Engine
Transmission
Suspension

The 3 engines to look at are the 220CDI, 250CDI and the 350CGI. There is a lot of difference between them, but for me the sweet spot between power, perfomance and economy was the 250. After 8,000 miles, it is delivering on all 3 counts. However, it is a noisy engine when cold, accellerating or starting up (i.e. when Start/Stop is active).

The auto transmission is generally superb (see my other posts on this) and pretty much the default for this car. I think you will be lucky to find a manual example to test drive.

The standand suspension is pretty decent, but is a compromise between comfort and ability. The "Dynamic Handling Package" gives a softer ride in comfort mode, and comes with a switch which remaps the engine and stiffens the suspension when active, making the car respond faster and feel more capable - well worth the £575 asking price IMO.

I would have added wheel size to this list as well, but unfortunately the Coupe is only available with 18" alloys. It feels like it would suit bigger wheels, but I guess this would have other implications.

Frills :

Everything else :)

As for COMAND - I have it as part of the Edition 125 pack - and frankly I would take Garmin for navigation over COMAND any day of the week. COMAND is poor and underfeatured in comparison - the routing logic is rubbish, has no speed cam support, no customisation (i.e. voice), the UI is clunky and frustrating, the display can be cluttered and distracting, especially when the lane guide flashes up.. I could go on. Basically, the ONLY reason for getting it would be the bigger screen and because OEM always looks better than sucker marks on the windscreen.

Thanks for that. 220CDi with auto is what i will go for at least.

All the extras i need to add on. But i want to see what extras i can squeeze from them for free before i add mine :)

I'd definitely agree with that assessment, not many on here seem to though...:dk:

I actually quite like the COMAND system tbh

K

I have been looking through this thread with interest. Have got my current car on the market looking to order a new C class coupe.

At the moment looking at a C250cdi with metallic paint, 7g box and panoramic roof. Interested in this Sytner offer of Command for free. I am also near Brooklands, have been dealing with the Guildford dealership so far.

What are the chances of dealerships throwing in options for free and what are the chances of a significant dealership contribution in 3 years when the deal comes to an end?

Would have actually started my own thread but seems a waste when this is almost exactly the same! Oh and its my first post so hello!!!!

Lol… so I just spoke with Sytner in Newbury. I asked about the offer and they were like 'where did you see that' … on our website? How did you do that?
Em….. It's your website mate!
Anyway…. Guy was a bit annoying. I was asking about do they chuck in Command for free and he was more interested in I will book an appointment this week and will I buy this month.
I don't quite think he understood I want to know what the offer is first!
I will let you know what they say...

Welcome dvg

Which network is the Guildford dealership part of?

They're Tony Purslow. Tempted to run over to Brooklands to see what sort of deal they can manage.

Is it worth running round to different dealers?

IIRC Brooklands are MB UK as are Epsom (who I would recommend).

They're Tony Purslow. Tempted to run over to Brooklands to see what sort of deal they can manage.

Is it worth running round to different dealers?

Well let me see what they say and i will let you know. I have been speaking to Brooklands but my plan is to play the dealers against each other :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom