Should I Cancel My Tracker Subscription???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheGrocer

Car
E320CDI 04 AvantGarde
The time has come around again to pay the Tracker Network guys £135 for the yearly subscription. Cars now 4 years old so thats over £400 for nothing other than peace of mind over the last 4 years. The cars garaged everynight locked up and doesnt often get left anywhere too risky.

The insurance premium may rise a little when I tell them but not by that much.

Now I know the law of "Sod" will come into effect the moment I cancel and the car will disappear....So what does the room think??
Anyone got any stories about how Tracker has changed their life or should I just give it up

I doubt it. My 911 had a tracker on it. No discount if I subscribed. My C320 has a tracker on it. No discount if I subscribe.

So I don't subscribe!

Me too, no subscription, no discount.

Different ball game if you have a car you cannot replace, or the insurance savings is beneficial.

No offence to you or your car, but it should be easily replaceable, so if it makes no financial sense, I would stop paying.

Assuming this is a TRACKER branded device, after you've paid the first three consecutive years, the same coverage continues at no further cost. They don't publicise it very well though.

Phone and remind them. ;)

Unless it just makes financial sense (the insurance discount is greater than the subscription) then I have to ask the practical question - If it was stolen would you want it back?

The idea of a tracker is to get your car back after it's been stolen thrashed and maybe crashed by some low-life. Do you want it back?

My car has no tracker but I do have Return to Invoice cover until the car is 4 yrs old. So, if my car is stolen and not recovered I get a new one!

Insurance cos like trackers because if the car car is recovered they have to pay out less money.

Last edited:
The time has come around again to pay the Tracker Network guys £135 for the yearly subscription. Cars now 4 years old so thats over £400 for nothing other than peace of mind over the last 4 years. The cars garaged everynight locked up and doesnt often get left anywhere too risky.

Now I know the law of "Sod" will come into effect the moment I cancel and the car will disappear....So what does the room think??
Anyone got any stories about how Tracker has changed their life or should I just give it up

Sounds like there's not too much risk in stopping but I would follow up Bobby Dazzler's point first.

I was told that for each car there are only a few place they fit the devices, so if you know where to look..................
My "son-in-law" has one fitted to his Porsche - understandably as it not a cheap model - and his insurance company wouldnt cover it without.
But for an over 4 year old Mercedes, as an option, I would spend my money elsewhere. Mercedes are very difficult to take without the key anyway, so the answer would appear to keep BOTH keys secure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom