Should I get it detailed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Animal Mother

Car
CLS 320 CDi, Audi S6, Disco 300tdi, Triumph Daytona
I pick up my new (to me) CLS tomorrow. I was going to gt it detailed as soon as possible. The paintwork is in good condition for a 3 year old car on inspection.

Is it a good idea to get it detailed immediately to give me a good start point and make it easier to keep looking good?

If its your everyday car why not do it yourself? With my current I moved on from bucket, sponge and leather to a bit of lightweight detailing - clay, decent shampoo, polish and detailing spray - very pleased with results for not very much time. There will be plenty of opinions as to which brands are best. I could get even better results if I gave it more time.

Its very easy to clean - it keeps clean well too!

I can see the attraction of getting it detailed and then maintaining it from there. But another thought might be to use the cost of a detail to pay for a polisher and pads.

I've been thinking of getting my C32 detailed but the thought of spending that kind of money tends to stop me.
Yesterday I decided to give it a try myself and, having popped to Halfords to top up my Autoglym collection, spent literally all day working on it.
The results are spectacular.
Ok, a real detailer would have used products and techniques I don't have access to but I enjoyed myself and saved a fortune.
Of course if your prepared to pay for the real thing.....

Wash it a few times yourself, and you will get to know all the little imperfections, id say wait till winters over and get it detailed ready for summer .... then try and keep it up.

I agree with Alps and maybe wait till next year once you know where all the marks and blemishes are.

I got my car detailed after a lot of deliberating. Its not cheap but since I have had it done I have had no regrets. The car still looks amazing after nearly one year.
If you get paint correction done all the swirls etc will be polished out. I believe this is what makes the car look outstanding, especially on a black car like mine.

No amount of normal car poilsh etc will be able to get those swirl marks out. You need a buffing machine and a good eye to do it properly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom