Should I hand it back, pay final payment or buy a golf?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ioweddie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AMG Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
I need some advice my 62 reg C220 Sport Plus saloon pcp is comming to an end in Sept. Its in perfect condition and only covered 17k the final payment is £15k.
My dilemma is should I keep it, as I do not do many miles now but like the car but the sports suspension on Island roads is not comfortable.
Is it worth going back before the 3 years is up and seeing if there is any equity in it and perhaps getting something like a golf 1.4se DSG petrol or something else like a focus.
Also thinking about another new c class but petrol not diesel and probably an se with smaller wheels and softer suspension.
Any suggestions please.
Thanks Eddie. :dk:

You should be able to get a settlement figure from MB Finance and then input your cars details to WBAC.com to get an indicative sale price. The delta is the equity and something to can work with when discussing with different dealers for your alternative car.
Also look at similar cars to yours for sale, as your effectively buying your own car, so see if you can buy it cheaper elsewhere. Something worth doing is you're in negative equity, as you can just walk away from this one.

Changing to a car with more comfortable suspension certainly seems your best option. New C Class has Airmatic as an option. Might be worth test driving a Golf as we have a Mk6 Golf Match and the suspension is quite firm IMHO.

You should be able to get a settlement figure from MB Finance and then input your cars details to WBAC.com to get an indicative sale price. The delta is the equity and something to can work with when discussing with different dealers for your alternative car.
Also look at similar cars to yours for sale, as your effectively buying your own car, so see if you can buy it cheaper elsewhere. Something worth doing is you're in negative equity, as you can just walk away from this one.

Changing to a car with more comfortable suspension certainly seems your best option. New C Class has Airmatic as an option. Might be worth test driving a Golf as we have a Mk6 Golf Match and the suspension is quite firm IMHO.

Wbac valuation £15k

Wbac valuation £15k

That's good, so you're no worse off for buying it back. WBAC is a trade price, so if you change your mind later there's no depreciation dip.

Golf SE or Focus............ or another Mercedes??? You need to decide this first.

Don't forget if you trade to another Mercedes they may have some incentives to make it worth while.

Just a thought, my dealer offered me £17800 as a p/x as is now
i.e perfect bodywork with no marks even on the alloys, 18000 miles Full dealer history
Would anyone here be interested in about 3 months time for around £18.5k

Sept 2012 metallic black c220 AMG sport plus saloon.
Just testing the water at the moment

I need some advice my 62 reg C220 Sport Plus saloon pcp is comming to an end in Sept. Its in perfect condition and only covered 17k the final payment is £15k.
My dilemma is should I keep it, as I do not do many miles now but like the car but the sports suspension on Island roads is not comfortable.
Is it worth going back before the 3 years is up and seeing if there is any equity in it and perhaps getting something like a golf 1.4se DSG petrol or something else like a focus.
Also thinking about another new c class but petrol not diesel and probably an se with smaller wheels and softer suspension.
Any suggestions please.
Thanks Eddie. :dk:

Always worth asking.
BUT you may achieve a better price (or certainly a better bargaining position) if looking at replacing with another MB. If wanting something smaller (Focus, Golf), how about an A-Class with auto box? Some people find the larger wheeled AMG harsher (I don't) but a smaller wheeled version (an SE) might just be the ticket. The 1.6 turbocharged petrol engine is quite nice and has an Eco mode.

Always worth asking.
BUT you may achieve a better price (or certainly a better bargaining position) if looking at replacing with another MB. If wanting something smaller (Focus, Golf), how about an A-Class with auto box? Some people find the larger wheeled AMG harsher (I don't) but a smaller wheeled version (an SE) might just be the ticket. The 1.6 turbocharged petrol engine is quite nice and has an Eco mode.

But the better price he gets will disappear in the first few seconds as he drives off the forecourt!

Better to buy some 16" wheels and get some higher profile tyres on.

I would caution about buying any Golf with the 7 speed twin dry clutch DSG box. Unlike the twin wet clutch 6 speed DSG which seems to have most of its initial problems ironed out VW still seem to be struggling with the 7speed DSG with clutch pack replacements under warranty common. Manual gearbox cars are OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom