Should I have been alerted?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doo01

Car
CLS63s
I had the pleasure of having someone smash my rear screen and steal my bag. My question is - should the Mercedes Me app notify me when my alarm was triggered as it did not. I literally missed the person by minutes as my dash cam started recording when the alarm kicked off.

I had the pleasure of having someone smash my rear screen and steal my bag. My question is - should the Mercedes Me app notify me when my alarm was triggered as it did not. I literally missed the person by minutes as my dash cam started recording when the alarm kicked off.

As far as I know there’s nothing on the app that notifies the alarm is triggered. There wasn’t on my C class.

7A8BCB9E-9D17-4F10-88D9-5D5E755DC192.png This is from my app. 2019 C63S.
This was sent when the car was put on the trailer for delivery.

Attachments

• 69D2976A-E4E4-4A16-BBDA-4A32490303A6.png
    69D2976A-E4E4-4A16-BBDA-4A32490303A6.png
    696.9 KB · Views: 7
You will also get a message showing the area of impact should someone hit your car.

I've two cars with Mercedes Me, neither will warn you the alarm has been triggered.

The Mercedes Me services evolved over the years (starting 2013 if memory serves), and they also differ from model to model.

Additionally some are optional and may not have been activated for the vehicle.

So I think it's difficult to say that if one car has it, so should the other.

Mine was a 2016 W205. The app would tell/warm if the car was unlocked and would give open/closed status for the doors and windows but did nothing on the alarm.

Based purely on extent of subscription I thought

Based purely on extent of subscription I thought
Not so, both of mine are subscribed to every available function and reporting the alarm is not an option. Every year the cars gain more than the year before, it's ever evolving. Mine are late 2016 & 2017.

Not so, both of mine are subscribed to every available function and reporting the alarm is not an option. Every year the cars gain more than the year before, it's ever evolving. Mine are late 2016 & 2017.

This. I got the car new so all options provided free for first 3 yrs. that was all the app did then. Older cars have less though. As above each new car has more functionality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom