Should I have more details about my order?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peterr_ibg

Car
S 350 BlueTech L AMG Sport Edition ( sold), Audi A8 Black edition
I am currently waiting for delivery details on an E350 CDI Saloon

I ordered the car on a contract hire deal from a broker mid April but since then I've been having some difficulty getting a clear picture as to exactly when it will be delivered ( and with what).

I noticed on other threads that people seem to have had quite detailed info from their dealers, such as build, shipping and delivery dates along with a list of all the options supplied.

My question is, should the broker be able to get more info from the supplying dealer regarding those delivery and build details?

The latest info I had ( supplied at the end of April ),was that delivery should be around 8th August , but they say they've no more details available.

Should I push them, or is this sort of thing quite normal , especially given the Japan Earthquake paint/parts shortages?

Did you not specifically say exactly what specification you wanted? Colour, interior trim colour etc. Then what options you did/did not want? Whenever I've gone through a broker, I've given them a list of exactly what I want, to the last detail, then they go and source the car to that spec, and if you ordwered in mid April they've had plenty of time to do exactly that.
The broker works out the hire rate based on the price of the car, so unless you've asked for an option, I suspect your car will have none.
There should still just be time for you to be more specific, but quite honestly, if your broker has ordered a car on your behalf, then they should know exactly what they have ordered, in my opinion. And I wouldn't be at all happy ordering a car unless I had a comprehensive specification.

Cheers,
MarkP

''End of August'' is near enough at this stage but you should have already specified the car assuming it is being built to order......may not be too late but on the cusp i would have thought.
If you are buying or leasing a new car I would expect to be able to get answers from the broker to all the questions you are asking here.

Mic

Sorry , I was trying to keep my original question brief so didn't give more detail.

I did order a car with a very exact spec - As there were no models with that spec in the dealer channel they had to place a new order, specific to me

There is general uncertainty about what COMAND systems are being supplied, single CD or changer, COMAND online? and indeed the price being charged, but this is covered on another thread.

My question though is about general delivery info

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom