Should I keep or trade in my 2013 C63 estate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What the video doesn't pick up so well is how much it burbles on the overrun. You never hear it normally with all the sound insulation but it's delicious.

Hi all, I am a long time lurker and appreciatior of this forum, now have a couple of questions of my own to ask.

I have a 2013 C63 estate, black/cream with 19 inch wheels and privacy rear glass. 33000 miles. I have had the car five years and love it. It is the most fun sports saloon/estate I have ever driven, and so exciting I sold my 996 Turbo S as it was redundant.

but the restless person inside me just wants a change as a daily driver. And a slightly more modern car.

so, two questions for the experienced folk here

1) if I buy a 2017/8 E63 S estate, will it be as much/more fun than my car?

2) I could, if I raided the piggy bank, keep the C63 (trade in, around low twenties) as a kind of weekend classic and also buy the E. but that still means storage and ongoing costs. Would that be mad?

thank you

Hi mate, just thought I'd throw in my 2 pence. So I've got a 507 Estate and my father owns an E43 AMG (Not the 63 of course, but still a Bi-Turbo and also 4Matic).

1. Having driven the E43 on more than a few occasions, I didn't find it that 'fun'. It was rapid, sounded good and a pleasure to drive but would I replace it with the 507? Never. Would I have it as a daily and still keep the 507? Absolutely! So I guess the same would apply to the E63, but bare in mind it's more powerful, has drift mode and sounds better than the E43. But personally I can't imagine that 'fun' feeling changing too much. I suppose it depends on what you find 'fun'. But considering you sold the 996 Turbo and kept this, I'd say we're on the same page!

2. I would say ask yourself what elements you personally find fun about the C63 and then see if the E63 meets that demand ;) I suppose if you just want a 'newer' car as a daily, then perhaps you could buy the E63 and then keep both. Or you could always get an E43 and save yourself a lot of funds but still have a fast, new and dare I say 'economical' car compared to the other 2! :D FYI, my 507 is in storage (barn-style storage alongside many other cars) and I pay £130 a month. This includes the car staying on trickle charge.

Good luck with whatever you choose mate :)

Mines also in bed for winter and my mother pays the electric bill 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Best thing i ever bought 20210112 205133 — Postimages]
20210112-205133.jpg
[/url]

Chuck the paddles in the bin for me.
Let the ECU decide, its like having electric windows and putting the handles back on.

I was/am a total die hard W204 C63 enthusiast, proved by the fact that I owned two of them over over the last ten years. I never thought I would sell my last one, especially after reading a few initial reports on its replacement, the W205 C63 Twin Turbo. Then when I last took the car in for a service at my local dealership, I was offered a test drive of a late 2018 W205 C63 Premium Model, expecting to be a little disappointed......... How wrong I was, it’s moved on so much from the W204, and is better in every way. A week later and I was driving a W205 C63, not the one I test drove, but a slightly later coupe and I’m still loving it, especially after having MSL do their magic on it and now producing much more power with a simple stage one tune.

Is it better than my previous W204 C63’s....... Yes. Is it the perfect C63 ...... No.

What would make it the perfect C63 ....... if all of the mechanics were put into a W204 body.
Nice one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom