Should injector leak off pipe be replaced?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
When the injectors are removed should the injector leak off pipe be replaced or is it okay to reuse?

A mechanic I spoke to mentioned that they are brittle and can break on removal meaning a new one (£130) is required. It’s the first I’ve heard of this. It’s an OM651 engine.

The leak off pipe on my car has already been replaced just 6 months ago so I feel like the chance of it breaking on removal is reduced compared to an original?

33-B5994-B-871-F-4-C93-B69-E-B95-E13835626.jpg

cheers!

Plastic t-pieces can be broken easily, one can order brass made from ebay :rolleyes:

Warm the engine prior to removal.
I've just reused mine.

Engine needs to be cold because work is being done under the rocker cover. Do you think that’ll be an issue?

Warming the engine is to soften hard cold plastic.
I did just that to close to 70 degrees, by the time I had removed this and that it had cooled some anyway.
But it's warmer for working as well.

Ive done loads of leak of tests as I have a habit of buying diesel cars with injector problems as projects , I have never replaced the leak off pipes and never had any break or leak

@clk320x That's because that mechanic probably managed to break one so is covering his backside. Doesn't mean they will all break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom