Should it stay or should it go?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

This spoiler was already fitted to the car when I bought it and I had every intention of removing it, but it's kind of grown on me. Having said that, I still favour reverting to normal *I think*...

So.... What are people's thoughts?

Should it stay or should it be removed?

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it - it's subtle.

What did you use on the paint - it's looking very shiny?

Hmmm...good question. As a spoiler it looks quite cool and subtle, but on an E class....not sure. I would take it off if it comes off without any marks or damage and see which you like best. My bet is you'll leave it off.. :)

leave it, it will end up a world of pain to remove, its grown on you anyway!

Hmmm...good question. As a spoiler it looks quite cool and subtle, but on an E class....not sure. I would take it off if it comes off without any marks or damage and see which you like best. My bet is you'll leave it off.. :)

^As above,doesn't look rihgt on an e-class imho.

It may depend on whats underneath it or how its fixed on. I'f its just stuck on then remove it and you can always put it back. If there are any bolts/screws to fix it then I'd leave well alone.

Looks like its a nice professional job, certainly neither incongruous nor vulgar, so although I like things original, I would leave it.

See what you've done now........

Rows will erupt, mods will be accused of bias, members will be called "members", and tagboy will ascent from Hades.

Great init?

It looks OK, but be careful as it may be a pain to remove.

After I debadged our CLK the fresh paint stood out a mile and you could clearly see a nice black CLK280 on the back. As mentioned it could really be more hassle than it is worth as it is a subtle one.

Have you checked that it is bonded and not screwed on?

S

It depends. If you're getting lots of lift-off oversteer, best leave it on...

This may sound a bit daft given that it's a face-lift W211 Sport, but I just 'seem' to be attracting boy racers and I don't know how much of it is down to the spoiler.....:eek:

Here's another angle;

Last edited by a moderator:
This may sound a bit daft given that it's a face-lift W211 Sport, but I just 'seem' to be attracting boy racers and I don't know how much of it is down to the spoiler.....:eek:

It's them pipes and that tinted rear window (as I recall) - I get it all the time.

600Nm usually sorts them out :thumb:.

May as well leave it on. Hardly worth faffing around when you are going to change the car in a few weeks ;). If you are attracting too many boy racers may be worth getting a haircut.( and leave off the makeup).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom